The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*SOLD* Pioneer AVIC-N4 flip up NAV/Bluetooth/DVD/iPod

*** SOLD ***

This is a Pioneer AVIC-N4 unit that I bought from a member here. It was in my car for about a year.

My car stereo guru is moving to DC, and he's the only guy I trust around any of my cars. So I bought a bunch of gear and had him redo 3 cars for me before he leaves. I found a deal on the JVC single DIN unit that I've always wanted for the Exige, so I jumped on it so that he could do the work. The single DIN doesn't cover my center vents, which I prefer.

It'll ship in the original box.

Here's all the stuff.

Comes with a modded wiper stalk, which the screen clears when it opens.

Blutoof.

Install manual.

All the other maunals are there. Bluetooth, Quick Start guide, Full operational manual, etc..

Packed up and ready to ship.

So here's the deal... I don't believe in selling anything and not letting the buyer know everything about it. I hate it when someone dumps their problems on me, and I will never do that to someone else. Here's the 411 on this thing>>

The unit itself is in very nice condition, but it has a few glitches. For it to operate perfectly, it would need to be sent in to Pioneer and reconditioned. These things have a pretty good following for Lotus guys since it gives you a Double DIN picture in a car that you can only fit a single DIN head unit into.

The backup camera function works all the time, and is great. Music, etc... all works, but the touch screen is a little sketchy. Sometimes when the ambient temp is hot, or the unit has been on for a long time, the screen doesn't react to touch, which sucks. It'll still be playing music off the iPod, but you can't change anything on screen.

I'm used to Garmin NAV, which I like much better than this NAV. If you're used to Pioneer's NAV, you'd be fine. But, the NAV is glitchy as well. It has the original NAV discs, which are 2006 IIRC, and a 2009 disc that they seller sent me. It's a copy (*FAKE*), so not sure if it will work well once the unit is refreshed or not. Probably, since it's just a duped DVD, but who knows.

It has all the bluetooth stuff, which the original owner had hooked up. I figure it's 99.7583 percent useless in the Lotus, so I just left it in the box myself.

It DOES NOT include the backup camera itself. I left that in the car to hook up to my new JVC unit. I was using a Kenwood CMOS-300 back up camera, which is excellent. I highly recommend it. I skimped on my R32, and had him put in a Audiovox camera in that. Let's just say it's not quite as nice.. Better to buck up and get a nice camera IMHO.

Sounds great, right?? ;) Well, I'm pricing it accordingly for someone that want's to send it off to Pioneer and have it reconditioned. I spoke with them on the phone, and they said to just send the unit in with a check for 200 bucks, and they'd basically send it back new.

It would be sent to the following address:

Pioneer Service Electronics
1925 East Dominguez Street
Long Beach, CA 90810

Include a check and description of the problem.
- touch screen sucks.
- asks to insert NAV disc.
- NAV sometimes glitches and map disappears.

I'm selling it for $250.00, shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Will consider shipping to AK and HI, but would want to check price first. I've had a couple deals go real poorly shipping out of country, so I'd rather not do that.

I figure that someone would be in it 450 plus the shipping to Pioneer. That's a good deal for someone that want's a "fresh" AVID-N4, with all the extras it has.

Paypal is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
what do you think about this stereo, in terms of build quality and fluidity of the software? They always seemed so tacky to me, but never seen them on a car.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think about this stereo, in terms of build quality and fluidity of the software? They always seemed so tacky to me, but never seen them on a car.
Actually, aside from the glitches, not bad at all. Kinda hard to say since I didn't have it in an "audio friendly" car, but the build quality seems excellent. The interface takes some time to get used to like any of the do-it-all head units.

Here's a video that shows the basics of the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts