The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for other Evora owners with the Pioneer navigation unit AVIC-X940BT or similar. I'm looking to update the maps on the unit and I found the link (posted below). This map update is for the year 2013. There are no other update years available. Has anyone updated their maps? Am I stuck waiting for this company to decide they want to make a new update, if that ever happens? My car is a MY13, but probably has whatever maps were loaded on the unit from the factory, most likely from 2012 or earlier. I'd like to hear what others are doing about the outdated maps. Thanks!

Built-in, Factory Installed - Pioneer - AVIC-X940BT - Pioneer: 2013 North America Map Update -

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
You should be able to find simple instructions at the map site to determine whether you have the most recent version. The fact that your car is a '13 does not guarantee that you have the most recent maps, as Lotus cars seem to follow their own rules with respect to when model years begin and end. What was the actual date of manufacture of your car? There are some posts on this (I know because I was the one that posted) related to my upgrading my 2012.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I've been watching for an update too.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
have you looked at the map site, to determine whether you have the most recent? there is no 2014 update yet, but you might not have the 2013 update, based on when your car was manufactured. there is a multi-step process to determine whether you have the most recent maps.

·
Happy To Be Here
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without checking, I know I don't have the 2013 maps. My issue is when I bought my car in Oct 2013, the 2013 map update was available. A year and a half later nothing has changed. I'm not so interested in paying $120 for a map update that's two years old. Should we all call and complain that there isn't anything more recent?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Most likely the map vintage that was delivered with your MY2013 is either vintage 2011 or 2012. You can usually find the vintage in the "About" or similar screen.

It's common for map updates to be released annually toward the end or beginning of the following year. So, expect 2014 maps to be released in late Q4 2014 or the 1st half of 2015. Thus it is not surprising that HERE (that operates Navigation.com) has yet to release a 2014 map.

The other caveat is that like any business HERE will compile and build the map updates based upon popularity. Thus maps for high volume systems will get compiled and build sooner than lower volume ones. This usually means the new maps for high volume built-in systems are prioritized and aftermarket units are supported later.

While the Pioneer AVIC system is "built-in" with the Evora it is in reality a top selling aftermarket system.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Happy To Be Here
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a posting on a different thread about the site avic411.com and started looking around that forum. It appears someone made a free version of the 2013 maps. Has anyone here messed with trying this update, or any update for that matter that wasn't issued by Pioneer? Easy to do? Easy to screw up? The forum update thread is posted below for those of you who are curious. And I'll say it just to cover myself, if you use those files, it is at your own risk, or something along those lines.

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download - Hacks/Mods - AVIC411.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts