The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, i noticed that older model cars had an alpine and my 12 has a pioneer and the new 2014 Evora has an Alpine again...why the change from one to another? which one is best in your opinion? my car is not here yet so i don't know what it sounds like. thanks ahead of time..:)
ps, do these systems sound pretty good?

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
The earlier Alpines were not very good. The Pioneers were reportedly better, although I haven't had one myself. The latest Alpines (INE-S920HD) are also very good. I upgraded the original Alpine to an aftermarket INE-S920HD in my car and I'm very happy with it.

Having said all that, I'm would bet that Lotus's decision to use one model over the other had more to do with cost-cutting and suppliers' contracts rather than anything else.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The main thing is that this Lotus is quiet enough inside that the notion of having a decent sound system is possible. Surprises me that there are no rear speakers since there is plenty of room to experience some surround effect. The Eliges had 'em.

But yes they probably used whatever was decent and they got a good deal on. They provided a good place to install a better system if you're into that.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The earlier Alpines were not very good. The Pioneers were reportedly better, although I haven't had one myself. The latest Alpines (INE-S920HD) are also very good. I upgraded the original Alpine to an aftermarket INE-S920HD in my car and I'm very happy with it.

Having said all that, I'm would bet that Lotus's decision to use one model over the other had more to do with cost-cutting and suppliers' contracts rather than anything else.
ok, thank you! nice to know i can upgrade if I don't like it. Was the install difficult?

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The main thing is that this Lotus is quiet enough inside that the notion of having a decent sound system is possible. Surprises me that there are no rear speakers since there is plenty of room to experience some surround effect. The Eliges had 'em.

But yes they probably used whatever was decent and they got a good deal on. They provided a good place to install a better system if you're into that.
oh yes, a good strong, loud, crisp sound system is a must...

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
ok, thank you! nice to know i can upgrade if I don't like it. Was the install difficult?
I replaced an Alpine with an Alpine, so it was pretty much plug n play. Took my installer <2 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts