The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my MP45 with a Pioneer DEH-P4001. Nothing great but I really hate the stock head unit. I vaguely remember reading a post where a VW wiring harness is a direct replacement but couldn't find the post to verify that. The radio is coming today and I'm hoping that it's an easy install tonight.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured it out. It basically the same except you need to reverse the red and yellow wire. Took about an hour to get installed. This included soldering the wires, installing the HD receive, running a new antenna as well as installing the head unit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
New antenna? Where and why? Do you need it for HD radio?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The HD radio utilizes the same antenna that your normal radio does. My reception is exceptionally bad considering that I live in LA. When I had my front clam replaced, the body shop informed me that it wasn't there. They replaced it an my reception wasn't that much better. I ended up finding an antenna used for boats and installed that instead and it works a lot better.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have replaced or are planning to replace the front speakers as well, right? I'd hate to see you waste the effort.
Yup, replaced back in January with what's in my sig :D

JL Audio VR525-CXi
JL Audio VR650-CXi

Been thinking of adding an amp and sub since this is my daily driver but for now, I'm happy with what I have.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Ahh... I have the XR525 in front and ZR650 in back with the tweeters mounted in the grilles (wish I had put them someplace else and may actually do so). The fronts were the best thing I've ever done for the system though. Genesis seem to have a good balance of fitment/quality for amps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts