The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Pioneer nav unit doesn't recognize my iPod when plugged into the supplied cable in the glove box. I have been able to successfully plug in the iPod and have it recognized in other MY 2012's Has anyone else experienced this? BTW - AVI is set to iPod.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Do you mean you had it work in other new model year Lotus's, or other cars?
I had this issue with my classic version 60GB iPod. Apparently found out later that it didn't recognize the older version of either the iPod or iTunes software, I was told by the service manager. Once I plugged in the wife's newer version Nano,.....viola, it worked!
So if you don't have the newest version of itunes, update it, or try someone else's iPod.

·
Registered
128 Posts
make sure the other usb able is connected to each other. Pioneer will only recogozize one, ipod/usb connecttion at a time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
make sure the other usb able is connected to each other. Pioneer will only recogozize one, ipod/usb connecttion at a time.
Appreciate the responses. It's an iPhone 4, which has working in other MY2012 EVora's when I simply plugged it in. I am guessing there is an issue with the cable, which I will check by plugging in a USB flash to see if the system recognizes that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I might help if you reflash the Pioneer unit with the latest firmware from the Pioneer website. If you register you can down load it along with the speed camera database (at least in Europe- not sure about USA).
The speed camera data base is a bit of a faff to get but IMHO worth doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts