The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there were some earlier parts but i can't find them - here is the sad statement of part iv:

Evora S Sports Racer: Part IV - PistonHeads

Hey Paul, i believe i would start an article with something closer to real grammer - perhaps Paul the Lotus is something that you have never driven? What about, i have never driven one, or for your next text, try i haven't had the chance to drive one.

anyway, i like the door pockets i have in my Lotus - they fit my wallet and phone quite well.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
paul is a presumably bright lad, but failed to realize you only need to turn the lights on when you need high beams. it is a different system but mimicks the auto light switches that only the latest 911 or Caymans have now optioned. frankly, until you need high beams, it is a totally auto light sytem that cannot blow you battery should you forget things; this is a feature that from 2012 back is not on the Cayman or any other P orsche sports car. you had to hit the latest series to get auto lights.

no trunk or storage and what it has is not as good as a Cayman. that just is not a fact, the litres of storage when the rear seats of the evora are included blow away the Cayman?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I daily drive the Evora while my Lexus GX460 sits in the driveway and collects cobwebs with less than 3000 km on it. I think the Evora is an amazing daily, comfortable as hell, easy in traffic, and the antidote to the bloody effing commute. The dime-a-dozen 911s and Caymans (Caymen?) snap their necks when I go by them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Owning both the Cayman S and Evora S I'd take the Evora hands down any day. I have the 2+0 and find that the shelf behind the seats are more suitable for storage than the deep frunk in the Cayman. The only thing I feel the Cayman has over the Evora is easy of ingress/egress and a better sound system. The handling of the Evora is better, it's actually less noisy in the cabin than the Cayman, I prefer the sound of the V6 over the flat 6 and the Evora looks way better.

If my wife would let me daily the Evora I would, she's okay with using the Cayman daily because it's just a Porsche.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Cayman is a great car, but the Evora offers more daily driver capabilities. Went with friend onto a roadtrip last year, they in a Cayman, we in the Evora. We had mor goldbugs, more bags for clothes, a more pleasant ride (swapped cars and my wife got a headache from the exhaust note of the Cayman) etc.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they do make a great daily driver and add a lot more fun into that drive than just about anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts