The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pistonheads News

Following are two good links that I thought I would pass along.

Ps. This is my first time to post to the forum

Latest News
EXIGE S2
Ted tries the new Exige and gets a little confused

http://www.pistonheads.com/Lotus/default.asp?storyId=8267

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERVIEW: ROBERT BURT
Rovert Konick talks to the owner of Princeton Lotus - one of the first US dealers to get the Elise

http://www.pistonheads.com/Lotus/default.asp?storyId=8275

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Princeton Lotus article from Pistonheads

http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/default.asp?storyId=8275

His waiting list has begun to close in on the triple digits, but he has insisted on not following some of the practices of other American dealers and tack on premiums on the Elise. He has resisted the pressure to bump people in line and engage in some of the poor business practices of other dealers who for the first time in recent memory see an opportunity to capitalize on the franchise. “You need to respect the customers. You need to see the whole picture and we are committed to being a part of the Lotus brand for the long term.”

As far as where to go from here, Mr. Burt sees at least a 3 car lineup with the Elise at the entry level, a mid range “Boxster-fighter” and a new Esprit type car topping out the range. He went on to say how critical it is for Lotus to introduce the new mid-range car soon to take advantage of the momentum created by the Elise.

After the interview, I could not help but be impressed with the man and his passion. He set out to fulfill a dream and not only has he achieved it, he has also managed to keep his dignity and honor in the process. Indeed, if this is any indication of the caliber Lotus has chosen for it’s revitalized dealer network in the U.S., than Lotus is truly insured of a promising future.
Nice

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Indeed nice, let's hope he's the norm and not the exception. Alas the pessimist in me thinks otherwise.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Indeed, welcome. Merged threads.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
babak said:
Indeed nice, let's hope he's the norm and not the exception. Alas the pessimist in me thinks otherwise.
Well lets just say my next article for Pistonheads may not be as flattering.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
You're not writing about all those rumors about paint shortages are you?:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Could anyone who would like to share their experience with other dealers regarding the elise purchase please pm me for my next article. I'm also interested in resale policies of positions of the other dealers and their ordering methods.

thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dealer Opinion?

Well since i put up my deposit in Feb 2001, Wally at Star Motors (Houston) has always been a straight shooter and never been anything but fair to me. I'd do business with him again anytime. That said, he's not exactly what you'd call polished :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts