The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix July 10-19th

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Lotus Fury 
#1 ·
Full schedule:
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association | 2009 Schedule

PVGP Historic Races at BeaveRun - July 11/12 9am-5pm

Car Show Day - Saturday July 18th, 11am-5pm

Race Day - Sunday July 19th, 8:15 to 12 - Practive & Parade laps, Noon til 5pm are the races.

The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with a mission to hold a world-class vintage automotive event for charity. It is the country's largest vintage car race and the only one run on city streets. The 2009 event expects to draw 250,000 spectators for the 10-day festival held from July 10-19.
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Fact Sheet

#5 ·
Car and I will be at the Show on Saturday 18th. Just myself and family will be at the Invitational on Walnut St tonight (it's my Birthday today, don't expect me to remem ber any of it, am drinking with breakfast!!!)
Also, I showed up at BeaveRun for the BMW Marquee race yesterday, whose red Elise was that parked next to the Honda Odyssey next to the Auto-X track???

#7 ·
Can't wait to see your Elan again. Is there no one else bringing a car? I have to work midnight the night before & had planned on going early & napping before it got too hot, since I'll be stuck there anyway. If anyone wants to kill time there are pics from Walnut St here.... Walnut St Invitational & Birthday pictures from entertainment photos on webshots

I think I may sell my soul for that TVR, who needs a soul??

#9 ·
Full schedule:
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association | 2009 Schedule

PVGP Historic Races at BeaveRun - July 11/12 9am-5pm

Car Show Day - Saturday July 18th, 11am-5pm

Race Day - Sunday July 19th, 8:15 to 12 - Practive & Parade laps, Noon til 5pm are the races.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Fact Sheet
If all goes well I will bring my 71 BMW 3.0cs. I think I'll put a Lotus club sticker in the rear window so those LT folks who wander by the vintage BMW area will know which one it is.

#10 ·
Happy Day then. I sincerely hope to see your 71!! Have a safe drive.

More Pics on that Webshots link, Isetta & 1st gen RX7 most notably.

#12 ·
WOW! I couldn't believe how many Lotus cars were there! I would say at least 15. A fair number of Elises, a couple Elans, Esprits and a pair of Sevens. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to take any pictures. :(

I was glad I was able to talk to some new people there. Maybe next year I'll try and get something more going for the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.