The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a coastal city, north of San Diego, near Encinitas / Carlsbad. My area has heavy traffic and lots of intersections & traffic lights. I'm planning to take a weekend trip out to somewhere that is more enjoyable to drive. I'm thinking a desert area with hardly any traffic, min start-stops, and a few curves. When I've driven to Vegas, I've come across many roads like this along the way. Does anyone have any suggestions of great places to drive that are no more than a few hours away?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
I heard the drive out to Catalina is pretty nice ! :D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I live in a coastal city, north of San Diego, near Encinitas / Carlsbad. My area has heavy traffic and lots of intersections & traffic lights. I'm planning to take a weekend trip out to somewhere that is more enjoyable to drive. I'm thinking a desert area with hardly any traffic, min start-stops, and a few curves. When I've driven to Vegas, I've come across many roads like this along the way. Does anyone have any suggestions of great places to drive that are no more than a few hours away?

There is a group of us in San Diego that do weekend drives to the mountains and deserts. Some of us communicate in an email group. Send me an email at
randychase @ gmail.com

·
Registered
97 Posts
randy i would love to meet you guys for a chat. i have an elise back home in singapore but got a corvette here. i'm currently based in NAS north island coronado

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Always looking for a nice drive...

There is a group of us in San Diego that do weekend drives to the mountains and deserts. Some of us communicate in an email group. Send me an email at
randychase @ gmail.com

Let me know when you guys head out for a good drive. I live in Mission Valley and always appreciate a good drive!!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
We had a good drive this Sunday. Key roads were Highland Valley, Mesa Grande, Old Julian, and Wynola. Breakfast in Julian followed by a refreshing stop at Julian Hard Cider for Cherry Bomb and their new Black and Blue Cider.

bs exige july1 - YouTube

About 70 miles of backcountry roads in 7 minutes. No laws were broken.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
FWIW-if you have a weekday (key word) off I highly suggest the 76 up to palomar observatory....if it is empty, you may not break 45 (don't really need to) and will have a BLAST!

·
Registered
97 Posts
i did a drive up to palomar mountain last weekend in my corvette too. really nice drive with great views. i'll do one more maybe this weekend with some go pro footage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts