The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tweak the bracket with a mallet or make an extension to bolt up and have the extension welded on.
This. Mine was off as well but I used one hand to maneuver it inline with the hole without a mallet and fastened (*use some blue thread locker!!!!). I then used a rubber mallet tapping the bracket to get it centered with the diffuser.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tweak the bracket with a mallet or make an extension to bolt up and have the extension welded on.
This. Mine was off as well but I used one hand to maneuver it inline with the hole without a mallet and fastened (*use some blue thread locker!!!!). Without the bracket installed I had a lot of play just hanging off the headers. I then used a rubber mallet tapping the bracket to get it centered with the diffuser.

Let us know how it sounds! I took mine for a wash today and while getting gas a guy approached me saying how good it sounded. Turned out he was a pro photographer that shoots for car magazines. Enjoyed the convo like I'm sure you'll enjoy the new exhaust note! ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This. Mine was off as well but I used one hand to maneuver it inline with the hole without a mallet and fastened (*use some blue thread locker!!!!). I then used a rubber mallet tapping the bracket to get it centered with the diffuser.
Appreciate the advice! It sounds like how it should from factory lol. Awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts