The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's happening with the Plack Exhaust Thread that got deleted. It is a topic I was interested in, and someone 'in charge' jumped in and deleted it for unknown reasons? Some clarification and update would be useful. After all I pay to use this forum, and I would like to use the forum to talk about things that interest me, and this was a topic I was interested in and was 100% Lotus related.

Inquiring minds want to know what's up?!?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
PM him! Its a private thing.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... I just enjoyed the topic... I think the process and its rules needs work...

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Hmmm... I just enjoyed the topic... I think the process and its rules needs work...
I think the thread will be back. The Mods noticed a good number of sales and if you are selling on the site they want you to support the site and be a sponsor. :shrug:
I don't think Placks original purpose was to get a bunch of sales for his exhaust setup. He simply did some R&D himself shared it with the community and thing just kinda took off from there.:shift:
Plack has been a good friend to the Forum. With good amount of insightful comments and advice.
Can't wait for the Mods and Plack to work something out so the discussion can continue :bow:
BTW: I love my Plack exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Just flogged the hell out of the Evora today. God I LOVE this car, and my Plack exhaust is such a screaming good time! I'm so thankful that summer is here.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The video should work again.

(for the lazy)

The thread has been taken down as yes they feel I need to be a vendor now to continue advertising here.

I have enjoyed the discussions and feel that we can continue with questions etc here without upsetting anyone else but I will no longer be selling through threads.

It definitely wasn't ever meant to be a way to make money (hence what I was selling it for - and if you ask anyone who had any issues with install - I made sure to make it right).

I am however still making things for fun and playing around with a new design - it's quieter and still weighs just ~15lbs :D I'm kinda proud of that. I'll make a new thread about it once I have videos to show what I did in case people are interested.

I'm still here - I wasn't banned or anything (thank god - that would suck!) - just got too close to vendoring. The cost of paying to be a vendor on the site was more than I was making so I just can't justify doing that without raising the price significantly... which is also against what I was doing. Sharing my joy as opposed to using it to "pay the rent".

--Plack

·
Registered
689 Posts
Plack I don't know you but I respect what you are doing for us Forum Evora members. Thanks alot... Keep up the designing for us Do It Ourselfers. :clap::UK:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'm watching for that valved setup........ and yes, thanks for your thoughts and efforts!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I'm going to start a new thread
"P"eople
"L"ove
"A"ngry
"C"ar sound
"K"nowhow

Dedicated to those who know how to make our cars growl.
Hmmmmmmm
Something looks familiar about that title. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just flogged the hell out of the Evora today. God I LOVE this car, and my Plack exhaust is such a screaming good time! I'm so thankful that summer is here.
Guppy what's funny is I live on Ledgedale road about 3/4s of a mile from Indian Rocks and I was on my deck (I can see the road) and I heard you coming (probably 3/4 of a mile away) and said " Jesus I can't wait to see what that is". Now because of that experience I'm thinking about replacing my 911 w an Evora lol. It's sounds great!!!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Guppy what's funny is I live on Ledgedale road about 3/4s of a mile from Indian Rocks and I was on my deck (I can see the road) and I heard you coming (probably 3/4 of a mile away) and said " Jesus I can't wait to see what that is". Now because of that experience I'm thinking about replacing my 911 w an Evora lol. It's sounds great!!!
I did replace my 911 Targa with the Evora. I had both for about 3 months and realized I had put less than 50 miles on the 911... that is just a shame for such a nice (non-collector type) specimen so I sold it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Plack install

Is this a DIY project?....is there a place I can see details on the install? Thanks

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts