The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an almost new Plack exhaust (under 100 miles). It sounds amazing, but I think I would be happier with something a bit quieter. Anybody have a Larini or some other aftermarket exhaust that they would like to trade?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have an almost new Plack exhaust (under 100 miles). It sounds amazing, but I think I would be happier with something a bit quieter. Anybody have a Larini or some other aftermarket exhaust that they would like to trade?
You could take it to a muffler shop and have them add a small can to it for a couple hundred. Much cheaper than buying another one, might be the compromise you seek.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think you may be better just selling it. They are very loud. The pipe is very short and probably not worth cutting and fitting a muffler to it. I have a similar issue although I am coping with it - just!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Been down the same road. If stock is 1 and Plack is 10, I want 8 as ideal. Best I've gotten so far is a 6 with the SuperSprint track muffler and a cat delete pipe. I need a Plack Jr.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Been down the same road. If stock is 1 and Plack is 10, I want 8 as ideal. Best I've gotten so far is a 6 with the SuperSprint track muffler and a cat delete pipe. I need a Plack Jr.
I had the Lotus Sports exhaust with the Larini de-cat and it was pretty good. nice growl with the pops and gurgles, but I wanted more.
The Plack exhaust was what I was looking for. I'm not sure it would be my choice for daily driver, but for a third car its a great attention getter. Exotic sound for an exotic car.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Whaaaaat? Every Evora should have one!

Let me tell you, if you sell it you're going to regret it.

Once you go Plack, you won't go back. I bet you you'll miss it. I wussed out and after 6 months with the decatted stage whatever Lotus sports exhaust, I really missed the Plack. Now I just roll up the windows if I need a break.

The latter setup is a good balance and close to what you're looking for (about a 7) but don't say I didn't warn you :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i kind of like the stealth sound in this car. with my P cars it was sports exhaust or out - this car seems so different, it is a sports car notwithstanding the lightness of sound.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am intrested in buying your plack exhaust. I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Plack Jr. I really like that lol.

I need to make one now just so I can use that name!

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
I don't even think I can get away with that exhaust at Watkins Glen anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Maybe add a small resonator??? If you need a test vehicle I'll offer my services since I'm just down the road now. ;)
I have a test vehicle already in Cali, and a test pipe being put together right now.

I believe we have a 7~8 on the previously mentioned arbitrary scale of Evora goodness (read loudness) :)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I have a test vehicle already in Cali, and a test pipe being put together right now.

I believe we have a 7~8 on the previously mentioned arbitrary scale of Evora goodness (read loudness) :)
Oh Boy. :popcorn:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love the Plack but... now I've got a bay and I can't use the evora with the palck exhaust... this week end I'll put on the original one... (omg I'm getting old...)

so, I need the Plack Jr just now!!!

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I guess I just do not get the "too loud" thing

Most motorcycles will drown out the Plack exhaust. Not to mention Cobras, Mustangs Camaros, and others with slightly modified exhaust.

I agree its louder than stock, but in the best way possible.

I have been holding onto my Lotus Sports exhaust with Larini cat-delete and my original exhaust. Who knew the car need 3 exhaust:shrug:

I guess I need to go on a long trip and see how a feel about the exhaust then. for now it is Plack all the way :bow:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Plack or nothing...well, I guess that is the same thing. As noted above, as a third car I look forward to getting in and cranking her up when I can. If Plack does start making Juniors I know three people that would jump at it...and I may need one to avoid being asked to get off the track :shift:

·
Supporting Vendor
499 Posts
I've driven 11 straight hours and had no problems. Even the passengers had no problem talking and the drone isn't bad at all. Above 2,600-2,700 rpm the drone is fairly quiet.

My buddy heard mine a few weeks ago and now another Plack Sr. in Indy as of yesterday.

-Brian

1 - 20 of 35 Posts