The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
JamesA and I are tentatively planning to run Deals Gap (the Dragon) on Sept 24th. Any of you Atlanta area guys want to go? Disappointed I've missed two opportunities now with Randy and Kiyoshi so would really like a run before it gets cold!!

Mick, Dan?? Let me know. Jim's still got to verify he can get free of work.

Chris

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,633 Posts
I'd love to go, but my company's CIO is taking me to the Petit Le Mans that day. I have to choose a free, catered day at the track over the Dragon. Sorry. But thanks for thinking of me. I'll go next time.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Chris,
I've got tix to Road Atlanta too. I don't have catered food so I may be looking for Mick :)D )

I'm not 100% on my schedule so if i don't go to the track on Fri I will go on Sat and Ill get with ya.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The SCR autocross on the 25th was cancelled, so I'm free. Care if an s2k tags along? :cool: I'd love to get a ride for a run, if possible!

Lets see, I've been to the Dragon 3 times in the last 6 weeks -- might as well make it 4! :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bryan, and Dan,
No probs. I'll drop you a line when I get a confirm from Jim>
Chris

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The 10 hour race at Raod Atlanta is on Saturday, there is parctice and support races on the 24th. Come on out and play on the 24th and go to the Petit LeMans on Saturday!
Oh, I'm good for the 24th.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JIm,
I'll drop you a line midd next week and we can decide a good meet up place.

Bryan, Do you want to head down to Atlanta or perhaps meet us at the Crossroads of time?
Chris

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Here's a teaser... There's 318 of these in the 11 miles of Hwy 129 called the Dragon's Tail!!!

BTW... it's only about a 1hr 45 min drive from there to Road Atlanta.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
Highlander said:
The SCR autocross on the 25th was cancelled, so I'm free. Care if an s2k tags along? :cool: I'd love to get a ride for a run, if possible!

Lets see, I've been to the Dragon 3 times in the last 6 weeks -- might as well make it 4! :D
Might I just say.....YOU SUCK! :wallbang:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
wow, IF i get new tires i just might get over there. would love to see a lotus or 2 again. but this time lets not wait until 6pm to meet up :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
LotusLust said:
wow, IF i get new tires i just might get over there. would love to see a lotus or 2 again. but this time lets not wait until 6pm to meet up :D
Blame Chris!! Someone buy that man a cellphone. :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Well, I may be able to go after all. Ill post here asap. If you guys from Atl want a 1/2 way point, im right off route 129, about 3 miles from the N.C. border. I sell mobile phones for Verizon so it looks like Chris is going to have to buy one now!

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JIm,
I'll drop you a line midd next week and we can decide a good meet up place.

Bryan, Do you want to head down to Atlanta or perhaps meet us at the Crossroads of time?
Chris
The Crossroads is right at 2.5 hours from home. The Northeast side of Atlanta is about the same distance, so it probably makes more sense to meet you at the Gap.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Well, I may be able to go after all. Ill post here asap. If you guys from Atl want a 1/2 way point, im right off route 129, about 3 miles from the N.C. border. I sell mobile phones for Verizon so it looks like Chris is going to have to buy one now!
nice pic. I guess that's really how fast the car is around the turns.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So guys, here's the tentative plan for the 24th

Jim and I will meet up somewhere north of Atl. perhaps along 129. I was thinking we could take 129 all the way up to the GAP, it's a nice road, good scenery and beats the interstate. Jim what time would you like to meet up and can you suggest a place?

It's a 2 hour drive from my house to Atl. but I have no problems leaving as early as need be ( I normally get to work at 0330).

Bryan I guess we'll meet you at the crossroads of time?

Dan at your house?

Kyle you live somewhere in TN so you want to meet up at Crossroads of time to on NC side?
Chris

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I know its a week away but the weather reports are showing rain, rain, and a little more rain. Just a warning...

·
Registered
179 Posts
zvezdah1 said:

Bryan I guess we'll meet you at the crossroads of time?
I have the day off, so just let me know when to show up! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
I know its a week away but the weather reports are showing rain, rain, and a little more rain. Just a warning...
You said the *R* word! :no: It's got a week to move on out...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts