The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was getting bored of my Phantom Black Exige. I was about to order the M4, then thought "hey, why don't I plasti dip my car that stealth pearl matte white I've always wanted?!!"

So I ordered the parts and sprayed over the Memorial Day weekend. I spent 1 day in prep, 1 day in spraying and another day on clean up.

What do you guys think?

(BEFORE)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Are you ****ing nutz!

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
Looks Great! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
I was thinking about how nice your black paint looked. I know they say you "just" peel the plastidip off, but I'm thinking it will be tedious work getting it out of all the nooks and crannies.
Maybe take some additional pictures. I agree the picture doesn't show what it really looks like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
The black looked great. The "white" looks poor. Obviously the picture of the black is of better quality than the pic of the white. I still can't imagine why you'd cover up the black.

San

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
I think the change is a cool thing! :up: ... like you got a different car.

Now try a flat Krypton Green!! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, so I was getting bored of my Phantom Black Exige. I was about to order the M4, then thought "hey, why don't I plasti dip my car
Great effort... Not sure I like the white thou but that's the beauty of plasti dip. You can change it... I thought you would have gone for Stealth black

NB I would get board of an M4 very quick

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think it would look better with some black highlights. I would peel the dip off the splitter and the indicators for a start....

·
2006 Exige
1,051 Posts
I think it would look better with some black highlights. I would peel the dip off the splitter and the indicators for a start....
Yes, this^ and the wing. I see you left the scoops black.

I love the look of a white Exige with all of the black highlights ('06 style).

Please post more pics!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Props.....regardless of opinions of the outcome, no doubt a ballsey move to paint your own car!!

Awaiting pics and posts about the removal ......

:popcorn:
Plasti-dip is the exact opposite of a ballsey move.
It's an inexpensive, reversible move for people who want a different color without doing a real paint job, which could hurt the value of your car in case of resale.

Need more pics of the final result.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts