The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old Dude
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at and searched this topic and maybe I missed it but here's what I found out:

If you put your hand in a plastic baggie and rub it over your clean, washed paint it'll feel like sandpaper if it hasn't been clayed. But it doesn't feel that bad if you just rub your hand or microfiber over it. The baggie test is AMAZING to virtually everyone I have shown it to - haven't found anyone yet at a cruise or car show who knew about it but they're not smart Lotus people for the most part LOL. I clay my Elise about once a year and wax it. It looks like a new delivery.

ALSO, I found that if you spray Stoner Trim Shine directly onto all of your black louvers, engine hoses, etc. they stay black, do not gray or appear aged at all. Just spray it on - no need to wipe it off. Mine is 14 years old and all the black looks brand new. I do garage the car but it's still out a lot and driven hard. Just saying.

Is all this common knowledge here or am I just so isolated living here in Kentucky (with the world's best Lotus roads)?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think one of the detailing masters on here posted the ziplock bag trick a few years back.

My personal, experience with Stoner Trim Shine is that it looks great unless it gets rained on. Of course, if you car is never out in the rain.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts