The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I need some quick help. I have seen a few cars come in with the plastic door sills covered in a protection film. The film was a satin black finish and seemed very durable. I know the BWR guys used to have some but all I can find is the passanger foot rest cover on there site.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Lotusgarage.com might have them

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you don't find a source, get ahold of me and I should be able to make them. I just got back in town and am a little buried right now but it shouldn't be hard at all and I know of a special material that will work excellent for that as it's usually used as a rock guard for ATV's etc.

Keith

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was also thinking about the plastic door sill protection. If you get it tell me how it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts
black contact paper?

Used it on frt of black 7 rear fenders to prevent stone chips

·
Registered
294 Posts
I bought a pair of black Lexan sill protectors off Blackwatch racing a year or so ago. Dont see them on thier site now but ask them if they have them or where to go for them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey guys I need some quick help. I have seen a few cars come in with the plastic door sills covered in a protection film. The film was a satin black finish and seemed very durable. I know the BWR guys used to have some but all I can find is the passanger foot rest cover on there site.

Thanks in advance!
Jordan - I have a set I bought from BWR I never installed - give me a call.

Problem with them is once installed, you can't really slide your butt across the sill, which makes it a bit harder to get into/out of.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Wish I could help you source them, but I've only heard of the BWR type.
Hard soled shoes will jack up the sills pretty fast. Best to always wear a driving or tennis shoe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts