The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the group thinking on the Plastic Fuel Line that to the engine ? I check mine from time to time , but I am wondering about that Plastic being 20yrs. old. If you replace them , what do you use ? metal or rubber:confused:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine are chafed in a few spots, they make me nervous.

I split some rubber hose and zip-tied it over any part of the lines that was near something they could possibly rub on as a temporary measure.

I looked into converting everything to AN fittings but it's not really straightforward and I'd probably end up with a bunch of adapter fittings anyway (more joints).

My plan is to re-make the lines in the OE nylon hose material but add some improvements like covering them with solid rubber hose and/or heat shielding.

I bought the nylon already and played with it a little. It's really not too difficult to work with, I just need to make a jig so I can cold-press the fittings on neatly.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I converted my whole system to AN fittings and modern reinforced fuel hose (Earl's Pro-lite 350 and Earls fittings). John Welch at WC Engineering modified the fuel rail to accept 6AN fittings and I added an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator since the OEM regulator was removed as a part of the rail modification. Here are a few pictures...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts