The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Plastidip rocks. I had my entire interior done in suede, and it browned very fast.
I had a similar problem on a previous car. Thats when I learned for automotive you have to use the expensive stuff like Alcantara or similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did my airbag today. I made the mistake of sanding off the silver. Dupli color wheel paint would not stick so I took it off and painted the whole airbag with plasti dip. it looks great and only and Elise owner would know it was not factory. preserving the silver is too difficult in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Buy a CF cover from HKFEVER!
How safe is the CF one? I mean of the factory material must be soft enough in order to deploy the air bag and CF doesn't buckle, wouldn't the CF pieces just take you head right off? let me know if that happens to you in the future...

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Might have to do this sometime this weekend since wifey is out of town and I'll be bored.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Pilot silver marker

This weekend I touched up a few scratches in the silver with a Pilot silver marker, I would dab it on then smudge it with my finger, looks fine to me, maybe not perfect but if you were not looking for it you would not notice the touched up spots. $6 you might as well try it out and if it does not suit you then go for some of the more complicated methods above:

Pilot® Creative Art & Crafts Marker, Medium Tip, Silver, Each | Staples®

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
I vote for the ring

Obviously.

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts