The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
You're putting the cart before the horse. Polyphony needs to release GT 5 first.

·
Registered
140 Posts
don't worry it wont be that fast, but you can race with 3 other people!

·
Registered
807 Posts
holy crap, i just looked for giggles on line and saw that Marriott Rewards now has the 80G PS3 with two controllers and one game (not specified). 160,000 points!! :panic:

not to say i would play many games, i just wanted one for the blu-ray DVD player ;) but if i can drive the Evora on GT5, i'm out of excuses not to get one.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
holy crap, i just looked for giggles on line and saw that Marriott Rewards now has the 80G PS3 with two controllers and one game (not specified). 160,000 points!! :panic:

not to say i would play many games, i just wanted one for the blu-ray DVD player ;) but if i can drive the Evora on GT5, i'm out of excuses not to get one.
Its a slippery slope. I bought my PS3 mainly for the media server ability and the bluray player and now all of a sudden I've got 5 or 6 games..haha. I'll be upgrading the HD soon and installing linux to it as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Like every other racing game out there now, Gran Turismo will undoubtedly released "race packs" (downloadable tracks and cars). So even if the evora isn't in the original batch of cars, it will likely be offered later.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm sick of all these PS3 updates. I've only had it a week with one game, GT5 Pro.., and already I've had to watch it update 3 times along with other system updates. Whatever happened to buying a complete game on a cartridge and calling it a day?

As for the media server and other stuff, it's pretty sweet.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm so glad I ditched Sony, and went with the 360 instead. I stayed with Sony for years..even paid a ridiculous amount to get one of the first PS2s. All I ever felt like I was doing was waiting for Gran Turismo...wait wait wait. Screw Sony, and Screw Polyphony. They don't care about you. Not one bit.

Not once have I ever felt like I was waiting for anything with the 360. Games come out on time, my system works great (knock on wood..no rings of death please), and it's the most fun I've had on a console since the Atari 2600. :)

GT5 looks great. But if it is never released, then what good is it? Heck the PSP2 is about to come out and Gran Turismo never even released once for the PSP1 (ps: it was supposed to be a launch title). What a joke...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
This is probably old news, and what the OP is referring to, but thought I would post this link. Didn't hear anywhere else about the fact that it was already modeled.

Drive the New Lotus Evora on Playstation 3

Australian Lotus fans can look forward to a downloadable version of the Evora being available soon on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue through the PS3’s online capability.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Its a slippery slope. I bought my PS3 mainly for the media server ability and the bluray player and now all of a sudden I've got 5 or 6 games..haha. I'll be upgrading the HD soon and installing linux to it as well.
yeah i ordered the PS3 and realized that in addition to the actual bluray discs i've gotta go out and buy ($$$), i gotta get the prologue ($30) plus the Logitec streering wheel/shifter/3 pedal thingie ($299), so this otherwise "free" PS3 will end up costing $500+ bucks :eek:

then it seems like i'll need to update software, then buy the actual GT5 game when it comes out, which y'all are saying appears to be never....

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah i ordered the PS3 and realized that in addition to the actual bluray discs i've gotta go out and buy ($$$), i gotta get the prologue ($30) plus the Logitec streering wheel/shifter/3 pedal thingie ($299), so this otherwise "free" PS3 will end up costing $500+ bucks :eek:

then it seems like i'll need to update software, then buy the actual GT5 game when it comes out, which y'all are saying appears to be never....
what steering wheel do you have because i have the logitec g25? it works soo well with gt5 its soo much fun.

do any of you guys race online?

·
Registered
315 Posts
grand turismo is the reason why I bought a PS1 & 2... (Bought a PS3 because of Grand Theft Auto(aka the best game ever)) GT5 Prologue is nice but the GUI on the main screen sucks. GT4s was nicer and I hope GT5 is more fleshed out interface wise. They had playable demos at ComicCon and the Evora was in there. I think they are probably pushing for an early 2009 release. Kazunori Yamauchi is a perfectionist and is willing to hold up the launch date to produce something flawless. I don't mind waiting if the game is awesome, at least this developer really cares about the product they are creating. Only real gripe with GT series is damage infliction. Doesn't have it and, by george, I want it!

PS3 updates do suck but I've actually come to terms with them. All consoles will be doing this which may actually increase the lifespans of the system generation so you don't have to go buy one every 5 years like we have been doing. Would be cool if they came out with a modeling system which would allow you to build and enter local tracks then share them on the network. Now that would be totally rad!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
grand turismo is the reason why I bought a PS1 & 2... (Bought a PS3 because of Grand Theft Auto(aka the best game ever)) GT5 Prologue is nice but the GUI on the main screen sucks. GT4s was nicer and I hope GT5 is more fleshed out interface wise. They had playable demos at ComicCon and the Evora was in there. I think they are probably pushing for an early 2009 release. Kazunori Yamauchi is a perfectionist and is willing to hold up the launch date to produce something flawless. I don't mind waiting if the game is awesome, at least this developer really cares about the product they are creating. Only real gripe with GT series is damage infliction. Doesn't have it and, by george, I want it!

PS3 updates do suck but I've actually come to terms with them. All consoles will be doing this which may actually increase the lifespans of the system generation so you don't have to go buy one every 5 years like we have been doing. Would be cool if they came out with a modeling system which would allow you to build and enter local tracks then share them on the network. Now that would be totally rad!
if you need damage modeling while playing GT you are doing it wrong :D
go play burnout(how can they call it a racing game?) or NFS underground(OMG how can they seriously make that game?)

closest thing to a puking smiley I could find on short notice with serious internet filters -poke-

·
Registered
315 Posts
if you need damage modeling while playing GT you are doing it wrong :D
go play burnout(how can they call it a racing game?) or NFS underground(OMG how can they seriously make that game?)

closest thing to a puking smiley I could find on short notice with serious internet filters -poke-
[ghetto]OH NO HE DIDNT!!![/ghetto]lol. I'm just saying if I slam into a wall at 200 I shouldn't be able to continue the race. I'm just a stickler for realism. If you're making a simulator do it all the way. No excuses now, the CELL processor can handle the numbers required. Dents... even scuff marks would make me a happy camper.

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
[ghetto]OH NO HE DIDNT!!![/ghetto]lol. I'm just saying if I slam into a wall at 200 I shouldn't be able to continue the race. I'm just a stickler for realism. If you're making a simulator do it all the way. No excuses now, the CELL processor can handle the numbers required. Dents... even scuff marks would make me a happy camper.
You'll be happy to know then that the game is confirmed with damage in its final form albeit it will be featured in an online update after its initial release on disc.

Also, I don't own an ps3 myself but it may be possible to sign up a mocked Australian account for GT5 prologue to get access to the Evora (I did this with for a japanese account to get a hold of a demo prologue on a friends playstation, funny huh, a demo of a demo) unless it requires an Australian purchased disc (which seems unlikely but who knows).

·
Banned
874 Posts

well you gotta buy the logitech stering wheel/**** for xbox 2:shrug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts