The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get this a good surprise from my insurance company. I called them a week and a half ago to cover the car, they had no clue what an Elise was and it was not in their database. But after a lot of questions they manually entered the car and sent me an insurance card. The rate they quoted was a little short of $750 a year. I got the insurance card in the mail Thursday and noticed it said 1995 Lotus Elise. I called them Friday and explained the issue, the operator I got was the same one that helped me originally so as soon as I started she said she would correct the data. She then called back about 30 minutes later and told me there was an error. At this point I thought, here it comes they either won't insure an Elise (they figured out what it is) or the rate will be way higher. To my surprise she told me the annual rate was only going to be $530! Not bad at all!
The company I use is Electric Insurance.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's funny Electric Insurance doesn't do Lotus, that's who has my policy! The Rate is $530, we have 4 cars wtih them, they would not do the Caterham though!
The person I worked with entered the Elise manually based on what I paid. It was not in their "system".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts