The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allrite, im really curious, if this is too nosey for some of you, then dont answer it. i was wandering how much monthly payment are for you guys, dont know what options make a difference but lets say with the sport package and hardtop, not sure if that narrows it down, but just curious on monthly payments with what downpayment? thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Chuckdog, the payment is going to vary A LOT based upon:

1) Options
2) Amount of down-payment
3) Interest rate
4) Credit score (impacting #3)
5) Length of loan
6) Tax and License for your state

The suggestion to go to BankRate is good... just plug-in your numbers and there's your payment. Of course if you're planning on leasing, those numbers will change also. But I think someone has already determined that the Elise is not a good lease candidate due to low residual values.

Bob

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
atyclb said:
monthly payment $0 with $45,000 down
My payment is close to that, with $49,550 down.

Chuckdog, just my 2 cents, but it is far better to focus on the total costs than payment amounts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Randy Chase said:
My payment is close to that, with $49,550 down.

Chuckdog, just my 2 cents, but it is far better to focus on the total costs than payment amounts.
not when i dont have 50k layin around, im very impatient also, not like i can ever own one tho

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
chuckdog_5 said:
not when i dont have 50k layin around,

Specially when you don't have $50k laying around.

Just my opinion, but if you think in terms of monthly payments instead of total costs, you will find it hard to ever save up that $50k.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Randy Chase said:
Specially when you don't have $50k laying around.

Just my opinion, but if you think in terms of monthly payments instead of total costs, you will find it hard to ever save up that $50k.
im the type of person who would rather have something now and pay for it in the long run, you can call it ignorant but i call it impatient:D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Fair enough! :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
mine are $8XX/month or something like that, but I'm making $1500-$2000 payments and apply the difference towards the principle. After I come back from a vacation to Spain I probably will increase the payment since it's my highest interest loan, so I want to pay it the quickest.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Loan Calculator

Here's a Loan Calculator, one of many on the Internet. Hint: use the bottom section to use your own rate. The upper section will give you the local Capital One Rate (I beat it with my Credit Union).

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
chuckdog_5 said:
im the type of person who would rather have something now and pay for it in the long run, you can call it ignorant but i call it impatient:D
So then you're the type of person who wouldn't mind having everything he owned reposessed and living in a cardboard box when things got rough for you financially, eh?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MikeAR303 said:
So then you're the type of person who wouldn't mind having everything he owned reposessed and living in a cardboard box when things got rough for you financially, eh?
theres a difference between doing it with one thing, than doing it with everything you buy, a 40k car is a little different then a 750$ tv that i can buy with one check

1 - 13 of 13 Posts