The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoCal-SERCA (SE-R Club of America) will be holding a track event on Friday October 8th 2004 @ Streets of Willow. We welcome all cars. The Elise is allowed since it does have built-in rollover protection.

To register go here. If you are a member of the club you pay less than a non-member. We welcome all cars to join our club.

We will have instruction for those who ask for it. Those who instruct are mostly lic NASA racers and have a lot of experience under their belt.

http://www.gfos.net/serca/2004/streets/reg.php

Naji

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Regardless, I'd love to see what an Elise can turn at that track...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modern Wedgie said:
LOL. Is this a friendly invite in hopes of watching an elise get spanked by an SE-R?
No...We just want to have more cars at the event. We post that sort of thing before our track events. We have STi's, EVOs, S2000's and various other brands show up. We want to fill the track up and make money for the club.

I just figured that since the Elise is a track car, then it will be in its element, unless most Elise owners prefer to AutoX and simply cruise in their cars.

We will have paramedics and tow on hand as well as corner workers. I hope people show up. I would love to see Elise's tearing up SOW.

If this Elise board holds a track event, I will attend with my SE-R. I have been to MR2, EVO, S2000 and various other events.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
That reads like a challenge there... :D
If you can't beat his SE-R with your Lotus....we'll tie 2 of these little puppies together and take him. That will give us 380 HP and twice as much handling! :D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'm dying to know how the Elise does at SOW. It should be a perfect match for that slow twisty course.

If mine was here by now, I'd be out there setting a bad example. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ground Loop said:
I'm dying to know how the Elise does at SOW. It should be a perfect match for that slow twisty course.

If mine was here by now, I'd be out there setting a bad example. :)
That is the spirit :D I too would love to see how the Elise does at SOW. I would love to take a ride in one if any Elise owners show up. The performance of the Elise on SOW should be stellar. The track is designed for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
huggy bear said:
Instigator!:D hehehe Me too.

Didn't a certain someone challenge a certain Randy to a race in an earlier thread.

:D
It was not a race. It was a time trial. Racing is door to door and we do not allow that at our track events. We do, however, have a Time Trial challenge going between street legal cars powered by the SE-R engine. We give purse money and trophies. My car is not allowed since it is a race car.

If Randy wants to come to SOW and do TT, he is more than welcome. I will be there instructing and then I am heading off to ButtonWillow for a NASA race weekend. Three days of track time are going to be fun :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve W said:
I'm interested... and I might be able to get the day off.

I don't have a helmet at the moment though.

At this event is is possible to take a passenger around the track too?

Steve
I will bring an additional helemt with me. It is XL or L, I do not really remember. Passengers are allowed. Hope to see you at the track.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I can't commit to anything at this time, sorry. :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve W said:
I'll keep you posted... we have a lot going on that weekend...

Will I still get in if I make the decision in about a week?

Steve
No problem, take your time. Even if you decide to just show up last minute, we will sign you up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts