The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give us colored vents etc ala the 135. They look so much better. The one complaint I've gotten when I've shown the car to people in person or in picture is that the plastic vents look cheap, and they do. Particularly on a brightly colored car like yellow. If you look on the thread about the new (mica silver) elise posted today, you can see how good it can look! Of course that car has color matched wheels which make it that much more awesome.

PS I'm waiting for someone to complain about the weight of the paint ruining the lotus experience j/k ;-)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I would think it would be pretty easy to have a good paint shop do the vents.

Just don't get carried away and paint the lights. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
On the painted vents subject, since I have like thirty color schemes constantly running through my head what do you guys think of a black car with the vents/grills painted red with a red interior and red wheels?

And if we have any resident photoshop artists I would like to see it (if you have some time to kill). Here is your canvas unless you have something better. Thanks in advance for anybody willing to try.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
lol :p

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
A Silver grille would actually look pretty cool IMO. Still I have no problem with black grille and vents. I just want my car. To tell the truth this car looks good in just about all of the offered colors.

Currently I'm thinking I want yellow, but not if it's school bus yellow... :eek: I saw an orange car today (not a Lotus), don't see many orange cars, to me they look like construction vehicles when they’re painted orange.
They offer purple on the Australian site. It kinda gives the car a "hey Batman, I'm the Joker" feel... but still it’s cool.

Still worst, once you settle on a body color what color scheme will you pick for the interior? Do we even know what interior color option will be offered?

Maybe they should make us pick a color out of a hat, that way it wouldn't be so hard to pick a color.
:confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I showed the yellow car pic to my family yesterday.... thinking maybe I am leaning to the yellow.

"It's a schoolbus!"

"No...it's a taxicab!"

Sigh...It will be the fastest schoolbus/taxi.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
When I vist visited BH Symbolic back in January (seems more like 2, 3 years ago), they thought that the Elise would come in purple. They had a Lotus (don't remember the model) in the showroom which was purple, but it was a very dark color and not too impressive (might look different in bright sunlight).

·
Registered
74 Posts
>>On the painted vents subject, since I have like thirty color schemes constantly running through my head what do you guys think of a black car with the vents/grills painted red with a red interior and red wheels?

Please. For the love of god. Don't.

·
Registered
296 Posts
moose said:
Please. For the love of god. Don't.
Feel free to share, you have probably seen some of these things where I have not. I do know I have seen some Porsche tuner cars with some pretty off the wall paint schemes and thought they were very cool. I just want something different and I promise it will be done with a lot of taste. That's why I am asking, if I was just gonna do it I would go out and cut some side vents in my BMW and spray paint the kidneys and then wonder if it would look good on the Elise.

·
Registered
74 Posts
OK I'll admit - paint jobs are an individual thing and everyone's opinion will vary. I used to have an aqua S2 which was a "love or hate" colour, hence why there were only 60 or so ever made - I saw it at a dealer and snapped it up, I'm sure there were a lot of buyers before me who turned it down.

If you're happy with red wheels etc then do it - it is your car after all - my opinion is that it's hideous but hey - it's your cash and you'll be the one driving it so if that's what you want to do - go for it :)

Oh and....

>>Porsche tuner cars with some pretty off the wall paint schemes

1. Porsche
2. tuner

enough said ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd be interested to see the red paint job. It's going to look a bit crazy, but not necessarily in a bad way. On a car like this you can do things you couldn't in other cars (not just on the track). I think you would be alble to tell from a photo shop version pretty quickly if you were going to like it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hey, Moose. I would grab Aqua or Ice Blue in a second if Lotus offered it to us. But it seems unlikely.

Everyone - Your fellow Elise owners will disown you and refuse to be seen in your company if your color scheme is too much over the top! :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
jml1952 said:
Hey, Moose. I would grab Aqua or Ice Blue in a second if Lotus offered it to us. But it seems unlikely.

Yeah Ice Blue was my first choice (with black wheels of course!) but the dealer had just sold one and if I waited to get a car from the factory I'd not get such a good trade in deal - I saw the aqua one and the rest is history :)

Sadly both colours were discontinued recently and the new choiceof colours we've got in the UK leaves a lot to be desired!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts