The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need urgent advice please guys ....

I have a 2008 Exige S and have just wired in a full standalone ecu, i have completed wiring up the engine etc
Now i think i have immobiliser issue as i turn key on, my dash reds light up but wont turn engine over ?
All i have done apart from standalone ecu wiring is removed/replaced battery ...
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated as i think i need to know how to disable the alarm/immobiliser permanetly ....

Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well, if you don't hear the fuel pump spinning up for a few seconds with the ignition on, then the immob isn't working.
It can be bypassed by disconnecting the immob and jumping the following pins on the immob connector noted in the red boxes...

This isn't exactly rocket science, since the jumpers are shown right in the electrical manual...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Well, if you don't hear the fuel pump spinning up for a few seconds with the ignition on, then the immob isn't working.
It can be bypassed by disconnecting the immob and jumping the following pins on the immob connector noted in the red boxes...

This isn't exactly rocket science, since the jumpers are shown right in the electrical manual...
I am in no way an expert on the alarms/immobilizers in these cars, but I believe the wiring diagram above shows the connector for a Cobra immobilizer instead of the one for a PDK immobilizer which should be the one in an '08 car. Does the PDK use the same immobilizer? :shrug:

Calling TheViper............

·
Registered
776 Posts
I ain't no expert on electrical, just throwing out that maybe the inertia switch didn't like something and got tripped up. Feel free to ridicule this theory as appropriate. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
The PFK system is a new system and only limited information is available. It appears the immobilzer is integrated into the alarm ECU. On earlier cars the alarm ECU was located behind the right side dash access panel, above the small cubby, next to the door. It appears that the first plug on the left is for the immobilizer circuits. Wires on the left of the plug are for either the fuel pump or ignition and wires, on the right are for the opposite.
Did you try disconnecting the battery first?
Michael

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys....
My car is a 10/07 build, I believe my immobiliser unit is in the left side compatment behind the seat....
Basically I want to remove it if possible, might be a good idea to check my owners booklets to source what alarm/immobiliser unit I have first..
Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, after going through my owners manual and checking my fob i have a cobra alarm/immobiliser fitted to my car ..

So.....

Am i right to go ahead with the above diagram to jump the immobiliser ??

Thanks again ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Micheal,

Im surprised also, as i have the new black instrument cluster aswell ...

When you say 'splice' what exactly do i need to do ??? Just loop them back into each other or ....

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Unplug the immobilizer and on the remaining car wiring harness behind the plug, cut & splice (join) together the two wires that originally went to the pins 1 &6 (fuel pump) and then 5 & 12 (starter). The immobilizer plug then MUST be reconnected.
Michael
Thanks Micheal,

Im surprised also, as i have the new black instrument cluster aswell ...

When you say 'splice' what exactly do i need to do ??? Just loop them back into each other or ....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok .... did this today ...

Still no fuel pump and no starter .... i Hvae power and dash ect all lights up but no cranking when i hit starter button, cant hear fuel pump ...

I have a standalone ecu do you think the ecu needs to be pluged-in to crank, i was a little hesitant in doing this untill i install my start up file and check all is correct ...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

Is this the only way to permanently disconnect/disarm the immobilzer?
Will the rest of the alarm system and remote door lock operation still
work if the immobilizer is bypassed/disconnected?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reviving this old thread to answer the last post's question since I just had to do this on my 2002 25th Anniv. Esprit.

The answer is, "yes", either jumping-together each the two pins in the above diagram (in post #3 https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f320/please-help-asap-immobiliser-issue-88580/#post1454690) or cutting and splicing the two wires for each of the two pins in front of the immobilizer plug (i.e. keeping the starter wire and the fuel wire from passing through the immobilizer) will effectively bypass the immobilizer, but the other alarm function will continue to function as normal (assuming they are working before you do the bypass).

Cheers,

MC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts