The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Lotus Elise and I was vacation for 2 weeks and came back to get in my car and the FOB didn't work. I was locked out of my car but I had AAA open my car for me. So once finally in my car i noticed nothing was working or nothing would turn on. So I bought a new car battery in hopes that will give my car life.. all that did was active my car alarm and now I have car alarm that wont stop.. and my FOB still doesnt work.. What do i do and how do I turn off the alarm and able to start my car?

·
Registered
760 Posts
That sucks, I'm always terrified that my fob will run out of battery when I'm far from home leaving me stranded. The red indicator is supposed to blink when it's getting low on power, correct? Good luck, OP!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
That sucks, I'm always terrified that my fob will run out of battery when I'm far from home leaving me stranded. The red indicator is supposed to blink when it's getting low on power, correct? Good luck, OP!
I was out of town one time and went out to start up my Elise and go home. The fob would not open the doors, apparently from a low fob battery. After panicking for a while I realized that I had my truck keys in my jacket pocket! After opening the trucks fob, BINGO! The battery was the same as the Lotus fob! I swapped the batteries and Lotus fob worked. No having to re-sync or anything! It sure made me a lot more confident when going out of town. But when I do go out of town I have the old lady carry the extra set now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Or, immoblize the immobilizer by bridging the wiring( behind the drivers seat speaker area), forget the fob, and drive fear free. First thing I did to the car within a week of ownership, as I was afraid to go anywhere, and all of my attempts to re-set the damn thing were like speaking Martian to a turtle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Or just reprogram the alarm to not passively arm. Then lock the door with the key rather than remote and you won't have to deal with the quirks of the alarm. Also by stopping passive arming you stop the parasitic battery drain that runs the battery down so quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Or just reprogram the alarm to not passively arm. Then lock the door with the key rather than remote and you won't have to deal with the quirks of the alarm. Also by stopping passive arming you stop the parasitic battery drain that runs the battery down so quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I never had that issue (knock on wood). Even after surgery and the car sitting two months she started right up. After the second surgery she sat another 7 weeks and she started right up. People keep talking about it from cars sitting a couple weeks and needing battery tenders, but luckily at this time had not had this issue. (and hope that I never will!)

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Sturgeon....I think they are the owners of lightweight battery's like me, takes about 2 days for my Exige to run it down.

Best Source for FOB battery's? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Sturgeon....I think they are the owners of lightweight battery's like me, takes about 2 days for my Exige to run it down.
My motorcycle Li battery lasts more than a week :)

Best Source for FOB battery's? Bueller? Bueller?
They are probably the most common button battery in the world - available at newsagents, chemists, stationary suppliers, hardware shops, etc :)

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Thanks Aedo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts