The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm doing a little research for a friend and I was wondering if anyone could help me price the cost of getting a Lotus Elise kit for a 2005 Honda S2000 or if that's even possible.

Thanks and I appreciate it

P.S. How would this even turn out as I don't think it would be as snazzy as my friend thinks it would be.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:huh:

Why not just sell the S2000 and buy an Elise. Likely around the same cost and you would have the real deal.. not a kit.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Hey all,

I'm doing a little research for a friend and I was wondering if anyone could help me price the cost of getting a Lotus Elise kit for a 2005 Honda S2000 or if that's even possible.

P.S. How would this even turn out as I don't think it would be as snazzy as my friend thinks it would be.
Well, this will be a little tricky, because all Elises/Exiges are actually built on a Miata platform (early Lotuses used the Corvair platform, because it was already rear-engine), so it may not fit on a Honda chassis. You will need: 1 front clam, 1 rear clam, 2 doors (1 each side) and 1 roof. All of these parts are readily available on this board, often at highly discounted prices (sometimes they are slightly damaged, or sometimes because the owners are swapping out their "trim" parts for other kits, such as the Fiero kit, the Solstice kit, etc.).

Unfortunately, you just missed a great deal, as someone recently sold an entire kit-on-a-pallet at a really great price ($1,000 for pretty much a whole car). But just keep coming here, and I'm sure you'll soon find what you need.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Hey all,

Not the best of 1st posts I have seen...are you from another forum?
Michael

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Well, this will be a little tricky, because all Elises/Exiges are actually built on a Miata platform (early Lotuses used the Corvair platform, because it was already rear-engine), so it may not fit on a Honda chassis. You will need: 1 front clam, 1 rear clam, 2 doors (1 each side) and 1 roof. All of these parts are readily available on this board, often at highly discounted prices (sometimes they are slightly damaged, or sometimes because the owners are swapping out their "trim" parts for other kits, such as the Fiero kit, the Solstice kit, etc.).

Unfortunately, you just missed a great deal, as someone recently sold an entire kit-on-a-pallet at a really great price ($1,000 for pretty much a whole car). But just keep coming here, and I'm sure you'll soon find what you need.
Post of the millennium!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Drive your S2000 really really fast, Rear-end an Elise. Your vehicle will "displace" all the Lotus innards. Repair rear clam damage. Quickest way to get an Elise shell onto an S2000. Note: The aluminum chassis bits may rattle until they shake out, the Lotus driver may make some disconcerting noises for a few minutes, disregard the sounds and enjoy your new Elise look.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The conversion is pretty straight forward rotfl rotfl rotfl

·
2006 SportElise #9
267 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts