The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys,

i am number 8 on my dealers list and am expecting a call soon to place my order.

my question is this... i am going to get a silver elise with the red leather interior. i do not want cloth seats but i really do not want the carpet flooring inside either. i would like to have the bare floors like the euro elise which i think looks great. BUT according to the touring option which is the only way to get leather seats you also get the full carpet and the power windows...i do not want those just the leather. here is a pic of the silver car inside at the la show someone posted which clearly shows leather seats but MANUAL windows and NO floor carpet!!! how do i order mine this way???

thanks
george

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can't. The only thing you can do is remove the seats and have them upholstered aftermarket.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smura said:
You can't. The only thing you can do is remove the seats and have them upholstered aftermarket.

well that sucks . why would lotus show the silver car at the la show equipped this way if you cannot even get it like that:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah - I would go with aftermarket leather.
I've heard good things about Katzkin. There website looks really cheesy, but I've seen pictures of the finished seats on a 350Z, and they look really good.

They also have tons of color choices...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world that's Lotus...

I still have the original folder from when I ordered my S2 at the end of 2000.. Most of the stuff in there never happened or came out in a modified form on the final cars.

Biggest example: the gullwing roof.. Always shown at car shows. Never built by lotus.

Bye, Arno.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
MGW said:
well that sucks . why would lotus show the silver car at the la show equipped this way if you cannot even get it like that:confused: :confused:
Schedules, time, budgets.

Small company. Things were not done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
IIRC Arno, you had your custom order in for your S2 and it came out a bit different didn't it :)

When I was to order the car, you could get a Base S2, Sport Tourer or Race Tech pack.

I've opted for the Sports Tourer except that I wanted the alcantara seats and doorpanels form the Race Tech pack and also no leather on my gear knob.

That was no problem. Got this configuration for the price of the Sports Tourer pack but basically mixed it up with Race Tech.

Still can't believe they didn't screw up the order :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
we're still trying to determine if the carpet is easily removed to reveal the same bare floor as the non-Touring Pack cars.

So far, the answer seems to be yes.

The power windows also seem to be a better option anyway--lighter and less prone to rattles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
atyclb said:
The power windows also seem to be a better option anyway--lighter and less prone to rattles. [/B]
My experience with other cars shows otherwise. when I stripped my 98 SE-R I converted the window from power to manual. I saved 2 pounds in the conversion. It is not a lot, but every pound counts. All in all, I was able to remove 434 lbs from the car. Originally it weighed in a 2540 lbs. But then I had to add a 100 lb roll cage :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts