The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all owners of a wonderful car lotus elise! I sincerely hope your experience and advice possible assistance. I am the owner of the lotus elise california edition 2008 release. In a car factory installed supercharger. Thus the power of 223 horsepower.
At the time of purchasing the car traveled 1,600 miles. To date, 2,200 miles. Used gasoline - 95 octane. Driving style - a sharp and aggressive. Most of the city. The first three cut-off transfer to the red zone. In general - the "gas-brake." Actually the question: 1) periodically turns the motor error, deciphering the code shows the poor quality fuel. Experimented with different gas stations. The effect is the same. Error removed the computer, but after some time there again. It may be worth fill the car with gasoline with an octane number of 98?? And that's the problem? Although the manual for this car is not clearly stated.
2) Fuel consumption, taking into account the driving style of the above amounts to 24-26 liters per 100 kilometers. Is this normal?? As an experiment replacing the air filter and spark - the same rate ...
I would be sincerely grateful to all for any comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Since you're probably in Europe (US fuel type is 87-89-91) you should use the high octane rated fuel hence, sp98.
As far as consumption, 24-26l/100 seems rather outrageous, It's like 8MPG which is what I get when I take my own Elise to the track. Maybe someone who's got an Elise S could chime in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts