The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks - Not quite a year ago - early September 2008 - my wife and I were in Los Angeles visiting from Oregon. We went into a showroom that was somewhere westside LA (Beverly Hills, BH-adjacent, West LA...) and looked at several Lotuses. I CANNOT recall the store's name or the address and really want to know it (even if they're not in business anymore). Here's what I remember:

The store was on the SE corner, on a major east-west street. When we entered from the major street, if you looked to the left there were a series of small offices along that left wall.

I'm pretty sure (but not absolutely) that the building was older looking - 30's through 50's architecture.

If you know the name of this showroom, please post. If you know the address so I can look at Google Street View, please post and I'll thank you tremendously!

Thank you -
David

·
Registered
817 Posts
Lotus of Beverly Hills on Wilshire, near Robertson. It's now closed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast answer! Does the office location inside match my memory? I just looked at that building on Google street view & it looks more modern than I recall. Is it possible it's a newer facade but the interior looked older? Again, thanks in advance for jogging my memory.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The address is 9022 Wilshire Blvd 90211. The building itself never struck me as anything special architecturally. However it was pretty old. The initial cause of the store closing was that the roof in the shop was sagging dangerously, due in part to the earthquake from a few months before. The building across the street is pretty cool art deco. There is a huge mosaic of a Cadillac emblem on the floor at the entrance. Now they sell over priced furniture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts