The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that I have a strange bolt with no nut on my engine. It is oddly clean so I am worried that something fell off. Here are two pictures. They are side views of the engine taken from the driver's side and it is an Exige S.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm sorry but can't see a damn thing nor which bolt you are talking about. :shrug:
Please resize the pic.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The one by the blue and green wires.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine looks the same, so either we're both missing it or its normal
I think that is a different bolt than the one I am talking about. Your bolt seems to be on a metal bracket. Mine has some type of rubber thing on it.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I believe that is a stud where a triangular bracket attaches the throttle body, manifold, and engine block all together on an NA Lotus. I had to remove that triangular bracket when I installed my Supper Charger.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is whatever that rubber/plastic thing on it normal? I can't tell if the bolt is mounted to it or if the rubber/plastic thing is just sitting on the bolt.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is whatever that rubber/plastic thing on it normal? I can't tell if the bolt is mounted to it or if the rubber/plastic thing is just sitting on the bolt.
Thanks for the quick replies about the bolt, but does anybody know about the rubber/plastic thing on it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts