The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been stairing at the color options for days now, being required to turn in my order today I at a last minute dash chose British Racing Green and black leather with both the sports package and the touring package.

What did you order? What did you order?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Its Official for me now.

I have on order two cars who I have dubbed Ketchup and Mustard.

Ketchup/Ardent Red loaded with hardtop/LSS/ and black interior

Mustard/Saffron, black interior, no options, ah, the simplicity of it all.

WOOT!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Jen, you realize that you are contractually obligated to post a detailed comparison of your two cars in terms of the handling and creature comforts like sound levels and the like.

Congratulations on the twins. Most of us will only be having half the fun you will but we'll all be having tons more fun than anyone else on the road.

Jim

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I'm just curious, why the need for the hard top. Everyone seems to be getting one. I have had a Miata for 6 years and never could find the need for one. Cost $$$, adds more weight, storing required. What am I missing?

Saffron Yellow / Touring

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1FASTMX5 said:
I'm just curious, why the need for the hard top. Everyone seems to be getting one. I have had a Miata for 6 years and never could find the need for one. Cost $$$, adds more weight, storing required. What am I missing?
Your missing the hard top man!

Just joking..

Adam P

·
Registered
591 Posts
Why Hardtop

I really don't like driving with an open top. I prefer the hardtop look. However, my wife likes an open top car. So we can both get what we want in one car.

Greg

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I've got two choices:

1) Metalic Blue/Black interior, sports touring package, and no hard top.

2) Ardent Red/Black interior, sports touring package, and hard top.

I'm really undecided between the two colors. I like the color of the metalic blue. It's attractive and yet soothing to the eyes. The black top would give it a nice contrast.

But the traditional sports color of red really brings out the sportyness and lines of the Elise. The red hard top would also make it look a bit longer and give it a Ferrari 348/Testerossa look.

help. :confused:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Allan Gibbs said:
I've got two choices:

2) Ardent Red/Black interior, sports touring package, and hard top.

I like the blue all the way!

Adam P

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I might well go with the blue if I didn't have a blue car already. From the pictures it looks like the blue on the Elise is probably a bit darker than my car, but I think it will look great. I still love the color of my car after more than 2 years, blue never gets old. It's also reasonably easy to keep clean. Recommended! :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Jennifer - I'll be down to ooooooooooh and aaaaaaaaah your cars when they come in. Let me know when you lucky babe!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm positively ordering Argent red, beige interior (for the hot Kentucky summer sun), hard top, touring package, dealer installed fog and high intensity headlamps & stone protection. I want to try to get the original thin canvas top too to keep in the car on days I'm out sans top and get caught in the rain but don't want to shove the larger soft top in the "trunk".

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:

Saffron Yellow / Touring
I've had a Miata for 14 years and also could never understand why anyone would bother with a hard top.

However, after visiting the auto show, I want a hard top! The Elise looks incredible with the hard top on and much different than with the soft top or no top. So you get to own 3 cars for the price of 1. But, the hard top apparently is a bit of a pain to install, so it might be a seasonal use thing.

Also, the hard top may provide a little more security if you want to leave something inside the car, but be careful, as it is quite easy to break a window if a thief is tempted by what they see.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
In regards to the hard top, for one thing, the Arizona summertime sun and fade soft tops over time. I'm also hoping the hard top would keep the interior a little more cooler. But it's not a major option for me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Magnetic/Biscuit. I caved in getting the Touring, and chickened-out of the LSS (the wifey won't stand for another "track-only" car). And no hardtop. When the weather here is bad enough for a top (at this rate - 8 months out of the year :rolleyes: ), I'll be driving something else.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It's Bordeaux Red Pearl for me with black leather and touring pack and hardtop, driving lights and high intensity headlights.

I though long and hard about a lot of colors. Ardent Red just didn't do it for me, I kept thinking about speeding tickets, Yellow was too toy looking. Silver looked too conservative for my taste, while blue was just too commonplace.

There were colors I didn't entertain; Aztec Bronze- Erh… I guess someone likes it, and purple... Too hairdresser for my liking, but good for someone I'm sure.

In spite of this, virtually all the colors looked great. That's why it was so hard choosing. Oh well it's a done deal now :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts