1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
475 Posts
tempaccount, are you with scca? i thought it was going to be an open lapping day, but now that the calendar is populated, it looks like the 17th will be the first lapping day.

I was hoping to get on the track this friday, but i guess i will have to wait until the 17th.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The HPR web page has it deceptively listed as reserved for the SCCA but I contacted the SCCA chairperson directly and was told that it's an open lapping day. I'm hoping the confusion will make the "opening day" less crowded...

Weather looks like it will be opening up for Thursday and Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and preparing to head out there on Friday.

You can sign up here:
High Plains Raceway | Your Colorado Performance Driving and Racing Future

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the weather is good (even some drizzle off and on), I am pretty sure I am there. Need to go get some high octane fuel...

edit: HPR this Friday.

We should be able to collect some of the first on-track, hot-track video.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Lots. It was a prep day for the SCCA racers, so quite a few cars. tempaccount was there with his crew. There were only about 5 or 6 non racers.

I showed up right after lunch, and the track was pretty crowded then. Also, there were no restrictions on passing, so it was a little bit crazy the first 2 or 3 laps out there while I drove the track the first time and cars were passing on the inside/outside, etc.

But you can see from my video that later in the day there were times when it was pretty empty. Also, once you got a line down, most cars were running times within a few seconds of each other, so it wasn't like people were really getting jammed up or whizzing by each other.

The track is very nice. Still green, and I think it should have inside/outside curbing, but very fun to drive. It also appeared that going off the track did little-to-no damage to the many that went off - the dirt is pretty soft without gravel.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow - thanks! If I am unable to break free for an open lapping day, my first opportunity to hit HPR is on May 23rd. Next is June 28th.

The only thing I don't look forward to is the drive from Colo. Spgs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts