The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha welcome, do any of you guys know if there is a difference between these two colors or are they the same? If they aren't the same, what makes them different. They look the same in pictures. Do you need to see them in person see the difference??
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Technically they are different colors per the specs. Visually, I can't say how much different as I've never seen them personally.

B110 Polar Blue X3073 A120B6040S
B87 Ice Blue P1379 A082B6389F

https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Paint_codes

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Ice Blue is lighter than Polar Blue. They may in fact be the same "blue", but one has some silver or white added to it. I have examples of them side by side if I can find them. You can't tell picture to picture because the color can look so different under different conditions, they must be parked side by side to show the real difference in the exact same lighting.

·
not your dad's puns
1,760 Posts
I remember reading that the difference between Solar & Saffron yellow, is the base and/or top coats. Solar has crushed mica for that "sparkly" sheen. Color coat is the same, apparently, and in fact they are hard to distinguish, even close-up.

So maybe the same with the blues?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Polar Blue can look so much darker in different light conditions. Varies quite a bit with light.
Here's my Polar Blue early in the morning, much darker than in the sun!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts