The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Ive been using Maguires Polish on the car on warmer days and the car is incomplete.
This week will be very nice and everything that has been cold soaked will slowly become warmer.
Maguires Polish which is easily available is quite good but not quite good enough. I also tried mothers polish and I pissed my money away.
Anyone know of a Polish that has a bit more bite and can be purchased at a retail store?
Thanks.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Hi.
Ive been using Maguires Polish on the car on warmer days and the car is incomplete.
This week will be very nice and everything that has been cold soaked will slowly become warmer.
Maguires Polish which is easily available is quite good but not quite good enough. I also tried mothers polish and I pissed my money away.
Anyone know of a Polish that has a bit more bite and can be purchased at a retail store?
Thanks.
If I'm reading your post right you need a polish with more bite to "cut" into the clear coat. Most of my polishes are very gentle but I do have some that is a medium cut I used on one of my old cars and friend's cars that aren't as clean and/or older.

You can also use a more aggressive polishing pad if you're using a buffer. I would highly suggest researching on Autopia.

Autopia Forums

San

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, in Edmonton you can go to Auto Obsessed on Argyll & 96 street beside the Esso, they can help you out in this area. Troy is very knowledgeable and can be very informative.
They carry good brands, to very expensive high end brands, pending on how much you want to spend. Check the link.

Auto Obsessed - auto detailing services and car care products - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Thank You.:)
You received my email?
Soon, I would like to hook up when things subside for the better.
Best.
Mike.Esik

·
Registered
265 Posts
Definitely learn how to use a polisher, the results are far more dramatic that what you can achieve by hand. I just went with Ammo products as I was intrigued by the owners YouTube channel. I'm hoping for great results! I normally use meguirs products which have worked well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You might need to do two steps. A coarse polish available for retail will be labeled as "rubbing compound" instead of polish. Follow this with a fine polish. Your Mothers might actually work well as a final.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Exactly great point. I do this process in steps. Each spring I do a 4 stage process that works well for me:
1. Clay bar
2. Meguirs swirl cut with specific polish pad on buffer
3. Meguirs polish with specific polish pad on buffer
4. Wax with foam pad on buffer

This year I'm gonna add the ammo reflective paste to my steps via hand.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts