Discussion Starter #1

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
:bow::bow::bow:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
As I said in one of the political threads: Two things I NEVER talk about are politics & religion. Both start major wars all over the place. Besides, I come here ( to LT ) to have a little escape from reality; not write about it.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Having said that, I rarely even open the political threads here
Then perhaps you haven't seen this thread - It has rules, and so far, so good:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/my-political-discussion-experiment-61227/

1. No name calling and try to avoid labels.

2. Instead of suggesting that others simply don't get it, either explain your understanding or ask what has led us to our conclusions.

3. Please try to keep your explanations brief and to the point. Be pithy.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I never read them. :)

Speaking as someone that runs forums... I learned to hate elections many years ago.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then perhaps you haven't seen this thread - It has rules, and so far, so good:
Just the fact that you had to set up "rules" for a set of adults who, for the most part, are successful in life that include "no name calling," somewhat akin to a kindergarten playground, illustrates my point.

"so far, so good" sounds a little like you too are surprised that people are following those rules.... but that is pure political spin on my part.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
they suck arse.
they should not be allowed on here.
if they are, then the pretty girls with the lotus thread should also be allowed.

they are fun to see how worked up people get over nothing though by the people who seem to think their vote counts much more than other peoples votes.

nobody is going to change anyones mind in the political threads.

ban them(political threads), or bring back the pretty girls thread.........................

roaddad,
i think it would be funny to go over to one of those forums you listed and start a few threads about cars........... check out the reaction

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
political threads

GET THE F**K OFF LT...........

:no:
John,

Your post always make me laugh. Random colors and fonts. Various sized letters. Judicious use of smilies. I don't think I've ever seen you post in plain type.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
As I said in one of the political threads: Two things I NEVER talk about are politics & religion. Both start major wars all over the place. Besides, I come here ( to LT ) to have a little escape from reality; not write about it.
I escaped from reality long ago and have not been recaptured.
I've also been suffering from amnesia for as long as I can remember.;)

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
roaddad,
i think it would be funny to go over to one of those forums you listed and start a few threads about cars........... check out the reaction
But that would mean I'd have to join that sh*t.

You try it -poke-.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I don't understand how it generates such animosity or becomes personal.
If I had to take a single guess, I'd say that it comes from being so sure that we "get it" and the other guys don't.

This is a smart group. If you are encountering people who "don't get it", it really ought to make you stop dead in your tracks and listen up. This isn't our nature though, is it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
for people to be binging up political/religious threads on LT to me means that they are bored.
:sad:

..actually, i can't believe i am responding to this post. :wallbang:

sorry Moto44, I disagree with you. People won't following posting rules, especially about politics or religion.

i.e....why has 2 weeks or so passed, and I don's see postings or reviews on the Manly Motor Mounts? Remember back when, lots of people had to have 'em, and I mean NOW!

where's the comments/reviews? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Mostly, I think it puts the moderators in a difficult position.

You mention that we have a lot of successful people here. In my experience, sometimes they are the worst. They can become accustomed to spouting their opinions without anyone around who confronts them. So, perhaps we are doing those around them a favor by putting them in their place a bit. :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts