The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the Polk Audio db 521 5-1/4" and the Polk Audio db 651 6-1/2" on sale today at Crutchfield. Got both pairs for $144 shipped. These and Jim Clayton's speaker rings for $40. Under $200 for a great upgrade to the Blah, Blah, Blaupunkt stock speakers...Not bad.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I spent more on the same setup 3 months ago. Totally worth it.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
How does the Blaupunkts vs. Polks vs. Alpines (Exige stockers) compare? Did your 06 Exige come with a Blaupunkt or Alpine system?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does the Blaupunkts vs. Polks vs. Alpines (Exige stockers) compare? Did your 06 Exige come with a Blaupunkt or Alpine system?

Mine is the Blaupunkt head unit. I had the same Polk speakers in my Elise before I got the Exige. I knew this was going to be one of my first upgrades. The Polks sound so much better. I have not heard the Alpines, but I would think they would also be better than stock by a long shot.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i can't speak to the alpines, but simply upgrading speakers from the stock blaupunkts to polk dbs, nothing more, transforms the stereo from cringeworthy to perfectly listenable...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I got the JL's for $140 on ebay, yeah i know this is a small thing but they even have orange logos on the speaker covers

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I got the JL's for $140 on ebay, yeah i know this is a small thing but they even have orange logos on the speaker covers
...the dbs match mehve's storm titanium fairly well, too...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
good point. I like the grills on the Polks. I think that the guy that paints the center consoles paints the speakers too. I haven't seen any chrome orange ones though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts