• Yes, wait list please

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • Waiting for the reviews.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Waiting for Convertible

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Waiting for SC version

Votes: 43 20.2%
  • Not my cup of tea. (insert too heavy, expensive, 911 uber alles)

Votes: 83 39.0%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Laughing Out Loud! I haven't seen that in a LONG time. :) Always puts a smile on my face! :) Be safe.

-Adam

·
Registered
852 Posts
Perhaps for a 350hp convertible version, but otherwise I'd feel like I was losing something by trading away my Elise for one.

John

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
i think its a good car for lotus

i think comparing it to an elise as the car of choice is unfair - its not apples to apples - the Amore'.. i mean evora is not an elise, not an elise comperitor - thats the whole point! thats what makes it such a compelling car for lotus. i don't think anyone (who "wants" an elise/exige) is going to trade out to an amor.... evora. maybe ADD and evore, or if they don't like the hard core nature of the elise car they might trade out to an amo... evora. but its not the same kinda car for the same kinda desires.

I think the Evora.. or is it amore'? i keep getting confussed? will attract another range of buyer (probably like the folks that swamered to get an elise because it looked cool - but then didn't want to live with a hardcore real sports car so dumped them) will be the kind of buyer for the Emore'. its "stylish" "unique" "performs" and is a real car - someone who wants something more spicy meatball, a big pizza pie... than what everyone else is driving (porsche/bmw/mercedes/)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Waiting for convertible, since I don't actually view it as a real sports car. So I might as well get the mushier, heavier, open top version.
Why do you consider it to be mushier? Is it not the same construction as the Elise/Exige where the top contributes nothing structurally?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I reserve judgment until Top Gear gets a hold on one. This car is not even out yet and all I can see is negative reception for the most part. I read today that they are going to a three platform model. Elise/Europa, Evora, and the un-named Esprit. I'm not sure where the Exige fits in there with a more powerful 6 cyl. car added to the mix, but Lotus has been enjoying the best decade in their history production wise, and I can't see them putting out a clunker now. The European taste and mindset is completely different from North America, and this car, like the Elise, might be one that bridges the Atlantic. I think the styling is a work of art, and if they can make it perform they will have a winner.

I just hope that there are paramedics standing by help the rear passengers get out of the car. If the sills are like an Elise, only Ninjas and Cirque de Soleil performers will be able to get in or out.

I'll wait for the specs and data.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
The roof is integrated into the body unlike the Elise and Exige. You can see from the photos.
yeah but i don't think the body shell is a streesed structural member of the chassis construction - it just bolts onto the VVA chasis = similar to an elise - top or not - i am pretty sure it doesn't matter.

the big question is "retractable hard top?" looks like there is room for it as a 2 seater

·
Registered
1 Posts
too expensive however i may never have been in their demographic to begin with. *sigh*

if it were in the $50's i would start saving now. the only problem with that is by the time this is released, assuming it gets good reviews, who knows how many times i would have changed my mind about this vs a different car.

*edit - wow, that was my first post?? i guess i'm a lurker.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
too expensive however i may never have been in their demographic to begin with. *sigh*

if it were in the $50's i would start saving now. the only problem with that is by the time this is released, assuming it gets good reviews, who knows how many times i would have changed my mind about this vs a different car.

*edit - wow, that was my first post?? i guess i'm a lurker.
Dito. Not for a 3,000 pound 280hp car. $50 to $60K, yes.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The Evora convertible may be perfect for me. It looks to be: Something my wife and I can get into and out of with a struggle. Comfortable for cross country touring, Reliable, Good handling, Reasonably quick, Fun at less than triple digit speeds.

I am past the point of wanting to be the fastest thing on the road. Something is always faster, more radical, more expensive… I want something fun and capable of doing a multitude of things well. Basically I want a Lotus that merges the top down practicality of the M100 with the fun of the Elise. I think that is spelled Evora.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
exactly! you are an evora customer!!! get one!!! tell us all about it!!!

:up:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I am past the point of wanting to be the fastest thing on the road. Something is always faster, more radical, more expensive… I want something fun and capable of doing a multitude of things well. Basically I want a Lotus that merges the top down practicality of the M100 with the fun of the Elise. I think that is spelled Evora.
My thoughts exactly - and I'm living in a country where there are a couple of roads without speed limit. The Evora would combine the capabilities of my Alfa Spider as a touring car with the performance of the Elise.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts