Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Badges, I got badges 99 cent!!

I noticed the silver car in the R&T article had a logo out back instead of L-O-T-U-S. Which would you prefer (In case anybody is listening)?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I prefer the lettering, but I don't think the badge out back looks as bad as some seem to think. Besides... just a badge. As long as it gets here, I'm going to be happy.

Cade

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Leave it blank, or use a small badge. It looks like a billboard advertisement for Lotus with the letters sprawled on the back. Too much like a MUSTANG GT. Better to keep those who dont know what it is guessing, and those that are into cars will already know what it is.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ok people, we need to make our voice heard here. It seems that what will be on the back of the car is not set in stone as of yet.

My personal choice is to have the name "LOTUS" on the back as I feel it looks sportier. Some of you no doubt may prefer the Lotus badge on the back.

Whatever we get, I want it to be of good quality, not cheap stick on letter decals or a cheesy vinyl badge.

So go ahead, cast your vote and voice your opinions:)

PS: Could some kind sole please post the picture that shows both backs:)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
LOL!

Actually, when I was at the factory, that was supposedly being discussed. Seems like the concensus in America is that we all want the lettering. Seems someone at lotus wanted the badge. So they are trying to negotiate, or possibly, include both somehow. Still in the works!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,246 Posts
I like the letters better, but the single badge will be more durable. The letters will fade, peel, discolor, etc over time.

The badge is easier/quicker to install at the Lotus assembly plant.

I think Colin would like the letters better since they are lighter! :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I voted for lettering (unless it's going to be chrome orange!!). But the badge would be fine too, it just doesn't fill the space very well.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Randy. Did you do that just for the halibut?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'd go for the lettering, heck might just peel them off if they start to fade, etc. Would rather have the cleaner look then the badge.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
jml1952 said:

Thanks for posting the pictures, Randy. Did you do that just for the halibut?
I was concerned the thread would flounder without some help.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Forgot about the other thread. Merged.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
What the heck is other for? I don't think Lotus is offering another option?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It was on the old thread. I think it was for people who did not want either, but you are right, there is no other option. But I think that was the sole reason.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Derek said:
What the heck is other for? I don't think Lotus is offering another option?
Wouldn't "none" count as other? Or maybe "ELISE" or how about the badge with the model designation under it. I was leaving it open for ideas.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I voted for LOTUS across the back, since I do think it looks great, but I would be willing to accept the extra fraction of a pound to have raised letters rather than just stickers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts