1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'll be getting my BWR kit this Tuesday. :D

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Other, the PL Racing supercharger kit when it comes out.

It will be the only supercharger kit to have an intercooler in all of it's stages, and might become CARB compliant right off the bat. Water injection can only do so much for extra power versus an intercooler. And even though I respect reflashes a lot (V8 hot rodding days wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for reflashes), the PL racing kit will promote you to either get a custom tune on a AEM piggyback unit or AEM standalone unit, thus catering this power adder to your particular 2zz the best since no 2zz engine reacts exactly the same to another.

Some Celica guys are scrambeling for an intercooler option for the greddy supercharger, while you guys are lucky enough to get a kit that'll already have one.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

It will be the only supercharger kit to have an intercooler in all of it's stages, and might become CARB compliant right off the bat. Water injection can only do so much for extra power versus an intercooler. And even though I respect reflashes a lot (V8 hot rodding days wouldn't be anything if it wasn't for reflashes), the PL racing kit will promote you to either get a custom tune on a AEM piggyback unit or AEM standalone unit, thus catering this power adder to your particular 2zz the best since no 2zz engine reacts exactly the same to another.

Some Celica guys are scrambeling for an intercooler option for the greddy supercharger, while you guys are lucky enough to get a kit that'll already have one.
Is this the option your gonna use on your Lotus?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the Katana kit...I am very happy with it and the support of S111. Today I got a package with an update for my s/c. It is nice to see companies go the extra mile and send out things to improve their product. The belt alone in the update kit is $40. It also came with an idler pulley and new spacers for the alternator bracket.

Anyway, IMO two of the best virtues of the S11 kit:

1. CharlieX tuned ECU...:bow:

2. The upgrades that will be available for those who have the Katana. The various stages will be a big plus, and maybe an intercooler option might not be very far away...

I'm sure you will be happy with either one...Of course I didnt really have a choice anyway because I have an 06...:D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
BWR.

looks better, $500 cheaper, maybe more power?? we've already seen charlie jump ship once from tripoint to S111. what happens if/when he leaves next time? PES has been in the business a long time and is an actual company.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I have the Katana and I like it so far. It has been trouble free, the power is more than enough for a daily driver if you want to "get out of dodge":clap: I had the dealer install it since I wanted the warranty .........I am waiting for the reflash for the CAI ..........

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Most likely not. I'd rather go custom and get the upcoming 2zz Carvercharger Supercharger kit meant for 2zz swapped MR2-Spyders from spyderchat.com, make it fit in a Lotus with custom brackets, shoot for 300-350 whp with a built block since the kit has a cheap and refurbished M90 unit instead of the less powerful MP62 unit mostly used here, and see about a custom A2W intercooler like ronin. This is basically the Bemani supercharger setup...but thousands less.

Must get through med school first before shopping for a 06 Exige though. :drool:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Most likely not. I'd rather go custom and get the upcoming 2zz Carvercharger Supercharger kit meant for 2zz swapped MR2-Spyders from spyderchat.com, make it fit in a Lotus with custom brackets, shoot for 300-350 whp with a built block since the kit has a cheap and refurbished M90 unit instead of the less powerful MP62 unit mostly used here, and see about a custom A2W intercooler like ronin. This is basically the Bemani supercharger setup...but thousands less.

Must get through med school first before shopping for a 06 Exige though. :drool:
:thwack:

You don't want over 300hp to the wheels in a lotus. The car just can't handle it unless you start messing with the suspension, transmission, and put thicker rubber on.

Med School? Never would have guessed that.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
:sheep::mw::sheep::mw::sheep::sheep::mw::sheep:

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts

You don't want over 300hp to the wheels in a lotus. The car just can't handle it unless you start messing with the suspension, transmission, and put thicker rubber on.

Egh, those are just arbitrary numbers. Don't worry, I've come to respect the optimal 6.5 weight/hp midship ratio you guys want at 300 hp. An M90 sounds more appealing to me than spending a ton of money trying to max out a MP62 like ronin did. But I can't help but drool over forcedfed's 11.3 quarter mile time at 130 mph with just only 350 whp. The weight/power ratio would just be nuts in a sticky car like a Lotus. The guy who bought taurus6's (spelling?) custom turbo'd car said he recorded 80-150 mph in only 3 seconds, and with only around 344 whp in the elisetalk chatroom. :eek:

how about HS first??
How about you mature to an adult for once?

I'm 19, currently a sophmore in college, and already have around 65 credits...of which 21 were from Advanced Placement credits from high school.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

I agree. Dumping 300+ hp into one of these without other modifications might generate another "salvageable" Elise/Exige.

·
Registered
357 Posts
the space between 19 and med school is large - but if you do go to med school in 2011, spend 5 years in a surgery residency, a couple more in a transplant fellowship, do a little research by 2020 we should be hearing about a human implanted with some supercharged 2zz thing that can run 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds, then you can ride that guy piggy back. That would be the shiznit.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Err...that's why I'm going to supercharge my current 2zz powered car, and learn how to tune that in the meanwhile. What will you and the majority of people going to do here? Settle with a reflash kit and miss out on tunable power when/if you add more mods? Not me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
He doesn't have a Lotus, which may have something to do with his posts all tending to talk about products that don't actually exist either (before moving on to the inevitable discussions about Celicas, Spyders, and other non-Lotus cars).

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
He doesn't have a Lotus, which may have something to do with his posts all tending to talk about products that don't actually exist either (before moving on to the inevitable discussions about Celicas, Spyders, and other non-Lotus cars).
He is 19, he has the whole world figured out and he has been put on this earth to educate us and show us the error of our ways rotfl:shift:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
He is 19, he has the whole world figured out and he has been put on this earth to educate us and show us the error of our ways rotfl:shift:
Ahh, To be young again!

I too had the whole world figured out too. I was invincible, untouchable, boundless opportunities, and willing to spit in the face of everyone who told me I couldn't do something by proving them wrong.

Just take this advice, don't go breaking any laws because it will come back and screw you in the end. So you go GTRastaBaby! More power to you, and prove us all wrong. Hell I might just learn something new, doubtful though.

Till then I'll sit here and munch. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 201 Posts