The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
State your estimate for the MSRP of the Emira First Edition as shipped to the U.S. including destination charge with NO additional equipment? Please limit your answer to just a dollar figure without any commentary please.

·
Registered
67 Posts
State your estimate for the MSRP of the Emira First Edition as shipped to the U.S. including destination charge with NO additional equipment? Please limit your answer to just a dollar figure without any commentary please.
Is the First Edition V6-only?

·
Premium Member
Deposit on new Emira
6 Posts
$84,558

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
The least expensive model, MSRP. will be $79995. For about 4 months. It will then bump to $82.5. There is Lotus precedent for this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just an educated guess... $83,000 base + $3k for the forged wheels + $400 for painted calipers + $1k for KEF audio (unless any of these are part of the First Edition package already). Ideally, I really want the car to be under $85k after taxes, but I'd be amazed if that happens after I spec everything out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm going to say $79,995 plus destination and delivery. All USD. First Edition, V6 manual without any options added.

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
It's still not clear to me why everyone thinks the Emira will cost 20% less than an Evora GT. It's the same engine and same transmission. Okay, they have a more efficient assembly process. Lotus was barely making money selling 2000-2500 cars at an average of around $100k in the US. Lotus profit was $9m in 2018 - it's very difficult to find info since they've been acquired. Even if they can make cars 15% cheaper, and sell 10000 for 15% cheaper that's not exactly a good return on Geely's investment of £500m?

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,478 Posts
It's still not clear to me why everyone thinks the Emira will cost 20% less than an Evora GT. It's the same engine and same transmission. Okay, they have a more efficient assembly process. Lotus was barely making money selling 2000-2500 cars at an average of around $100k in the US. Lotus profit was $9 in 2018 - it's very difficult to find info since they've been acquired. Even if they can make cars 15% cheaper, and sell 10000 for 15% cheaper that's not exactly a good return on Geely's investment of £500m?
^this guy gets it

1 - 20 of 229 Posts