• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
The least expensive model, MSRP. will be $79995. For about 4 months. It will then bump to $82.5. There is Lotus precedent for this.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
and one more from me. The 2005 Elise had a base price of 43,860, while by 2011 is was about 52,000. The 2010 Evora has a base of about 75,000, and the 2021 GT is around. 97000. If we say the Emira is the new Elise, then adding 3% inflation , the 2005 would have been just under 52,000 - spot on to the 2011 price. Carrying that forward to 2022 yields 72,600, factoring in equipment upgrades and safety requirements, that's not too far off from what people have said for the 4 cyl, before options, so first edition 4-pot at $80k could make sense.

If it's an Evora replacement, adding 3% compounded from the 2010 price to the 2018 base price yields 95,250. 2018 base price was 94,900. Very close. Interestingly, the increase from 2018 to 22021 was much less than 3%, which would have put the base price at $104k, versus what it is at $97k, but there's very little difference between the 2018 and the 2021, so the costs of development were essentially nil. The 2018 Evora only came with the updated engine, so you could argue this was a better bargain; there was no NA car, and the 2021 is a small evolution.

It would be difficult to see the 6 cyl having a price substantially lower, unless it's intentionally meant to lure the former Elige owners, with the assumption that the "new car" will be priced much higher, to lure the 911 drivers?
Actually the 2005 Elise originally had a base price of $39995. Which lasted for about 10 minutes for the first handful of cars ordered in 2004. Lotus wanted to be able to say they brought the car to the US market for under $40k. Which they technically did.

Dont think you can say a base Emira is the same as the original Elise in terms of where it fits in the product line. There is nothing Lotus will offer that is analogous to the Elise. The Elise was literally a go kart.The Emira aspires to be a “real” car.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
I asked, Lotus told me. "Full pricing for the car will be available from September but starting at $83,000"
I’m connected on LinkedIn to the past Lotus CEO, the current CEO, Managing Director (Matt Windle), the head of production, the head of marketing, the head of supply chain, the head of finance, the head of HR, heck, I’m connected with Morris Dowton, Mike Kimberly, and the head of production under Chapman. They don’t give up anything. Who did you ask at Lotus? Wait…never-mind. If it’s a real person offering real info he’s jeopardizing his job.

Reactions: GDBB

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Wow I am really impressed. Please tell us what have you learned from all these connections on LinkedIn.

ps, this is the first time I’ve ever seen people try to flex with their LinkedIn connections…
Well gee, I'm glad I added to your day. I'm so privileged that you used one of your first 8 posts on me. I don't know how I'll be able to live with myself.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)
I generally agree with your assessment, but would suggest that true demand is speculation at this point. The current waiting list, being fully refundable deposits, is more like a poll: do you like it enough that you'd think about getting one?

The true demand is when people make commitments with non refundable deposits, and real order sheets. THAT demand is what will determine production numbers; shifts needed at the plant; and all related expenses.

Once the real pricing is shared, the real picture will start to align quickly.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
SO,........I am sure I am going to get a lot of back blow on this post...... but here goes.......

Insider dealer principal confirmed that 4 cylinder will start at $70k and V6 is starting at $90k as was told by Lotus Co rep.

Very trustworthy insider reliable source from the largest dealer worldwide ( Naples)

I think I am out and going to take a pass..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.

with options I would be pushing close to $100.
Any ”Lotus Rep,” dealer or HQ, supposedly quoting hard numbers at this point is metaphorically signing his resignation letter.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
I thought the tour was in November? Lotus is announcing pricing in September.
Maybe. Welcome to Lotus. Chapman. GM. Toyota (a piece). Artioli (Bugatti), Proton, Geely.

There is an irresistible sameness to Lotus no matter who owns it.

Reactions: agentdr8

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Based on dealer info, after inquiring about putting a deposit, he estimated V6 with 6 speed, no dealer markup, 100 grand.
That sounds like he's snuck in a disguised dealer markup.

Reactions: kratedisease

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
UK Evora starting pricing listed at 88,675 pounds
UK Emira starting under 60,000 pounds that is a drop of starting price of 28,675 pounds or 32%.

USA Evora pricing starts at 96,950 dollars drop that by 32% = $65,926 dollars (i4 not FE version)

Seems very logical to me
OR...you can come at it from the other direction. The final Exige available in the US was the 2011 260 final edition. It's MSRP $74,950, adjusted for inflation, that's $90K. On paper the Emira is the superior car in nearly every way: power (either engine), refinement, usability, interior, probably build quality (no guarantees there). The Evora's driving experience has been compared favorably with the Exige, and as the Emira is basically the Evora 2.0, one might expect it to be the equal or better of the Exige, handling wise.

Or maybe compare with the last S240. MSRP $65700, $76,500 in today's dollars. The Emira is that much more of a car compared to the S240.

Surely it will be priced as the superior car it will be.

Then there's that little matter of the coup in Guinea, a major supplier of ore needed to make aluminum, and China cutting back aluminum production likely to drive up the world cost of aluminum. Needed for the Emira chassis.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
It doesn't have to move to China to undercut the competitor's price, it's all about the owner/leadership new directions. As an example, Iphone is made in China, but it is still much more expensive than other Chinese smart phone companies. A reason why Apple is a 2.5 trillion dollar company.

We wouldn't know until the actual car arrives and pricing is released. But for fun, below are my guess:
1) No longer hand built and new factory automate everything so staff is cut by 3/4
2) Mass production like the normal sport cars (Corvettes, Mustangs, etc.)
3) Reduce profit margin just to gain market share from the competitor
4) Cheaper materials but make it look nice on the surface
With coup in Guinea likely to drive up price of aluminum, and China significantly cutting production for same, and the ongoing chip shortage, scratch off #4 above.

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Again?
Water Cartoon Jaw Gesture Font

1 - 11 of 11 Posts