• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
To me it would be wise for Lotus to announce pricing and details asap as there will inevitably be some who will drop out. It would give them a better idea of where they really need to be production-wise.

If a large percentage drops off the reservation list after details are announced, it would them give some insight as to hype vs reality.

I'm hanging in there as long as I can...but I'm not 100% committed until I know more. $80k start for 1st Edition seems worth it in some ways especially if they throw in extra stuff. But if later models have more hp, more colors, more choices maybe 1st Ed doesn't make sense.
At $90k start... It's just gonna depend on how the Pcar market is at that point in time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm right there with you. $90k+ for a first year Lotus coming from a new production factory with minimal US dealer support and not the strongest history of build quality (Toyota engine and trans aside)... yeah, I'm not willing to drop nearly $100k on that risk. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I will wait it out for a couple years, watch reviews, and let the bugs get worked out. For $80k? Sure.. I'll give it a shot. Otherwise I'm getting a 981 GT4 to play with for a couple years.
Same exact wavelength as you!

·
Registered
670 Posts
They've already said it'll be September, be patient. Also, price doesn't tell the whole story. There will be a tour in November when we'll actually get to sit in the cars, see materials, paints, etc. in person. After which point in (I believe) December is when you have to make a decision. That's when we'll really know who's serious and who isn't.

I'm not as price sensitive as others, but I'm very much quality/performance/exclusivity sensitive. So if they come out with the car and it's cheap, but it also doesn't perform at least as well as the outgoing Evora GT or the quality is unimpressie, I'll be:

I'm obviously new to Lotus. But some of the old timers on LT have been here before. Many are saying "expect delays."
Lotus has already released pricing in a way. They have already released power specs... So at this point, I don't understand why Sept is the magical month?
Will any of this information change in the matter of a few weeks? Admittedly, I don't know how it works and I'm sure I'm way over simplifying it.
As to the tour, given the lack of dealerships, many won't have the opportunity to see an Emira in person before ordering. Luckily I do have one of the largest dealers in my state (Bellevue), but if the car is there at a time I can't get up there to see it, then I'll be relying on everyone else's opinion to make my decision.
**disclaimer: patience is not one of my virtues 🤣

·
Registered
670 Posts
[QUOTE="Noregrts, post: 6111918, member: 142798
Lotus has already released pricing in a way. They have already released power specs... So at this point, I don't understand why Sept is the magical month?
Will any of this information change in the matter of a few weeks?
**disclaimer: patience is not one of my virtues 🤣
I have money in my pocket, I am Extremely Horney, and I want carsex !!

I can’t wait any longer !!

EMIRA is hot and I want carsex already. I can’t wait

My left clutch leg is about to explode from deadly (seamen) buildup.
[/QUOTE]

I guess if I was a guy I could relate?

Unless you were really referring to something nautical?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Didn't someone say that Gator said the launch editions would be six figures? I swore someone posted that...I can't be 100% sure. Between rumors, speculation, and the limited information we actually have, it's hard to keep things straight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.