• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Don't worry about Lotus reading these messages. They've run the numbers wayyy before even designing the car and have someone in accounting re-running them every week. They won't change their prices based on what you write. They also have to worry about the entire production run through 2028, not just the launch price, which is really all we're concerned about.

Back to the original question:
I think it'll start at $79,995 in the US.

But if it were up to me, I'd rather see it over $100k and with more power and upgrades. I'd pay over $150k for it if it came with a highly upgraded engine and chassis. It would be a proper budget 'supercar' if:
Chassis: carbon fiber monocoque (reduce weight as much as possible)
Engine: Toyota V6 which would rev to close to 8k RPM, makes 500hp+ with a DCT

It'll never happen, but that would be my dream.
It may never happen exactly like your wish list, but the GT4 Emira may be much closer to what you want. We'll just have to wait and see what that one's going to be like, but it would probably be the i4 with DCT, not the V6.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The OP asked for the estimated base price for the First Edition, but since everybody's enthusiasm has moved out to estimates for all the base models, here's mine. One caveat: inflation. It's already beginning to change the exchange rate for currency conversion, but based on the current rate, I'm guessing:

Destination charge included

Base i4 - $69,495

Base V6 with manual - $71,495 (changing the engine and trans doesn't add to the i4, it replaces it so the cost is less than an add-on, and I think the manual will be cheaper than the DCT)

Base First Edition - $81,880

First Edition is going to include extras. I'm guessing about $10k worth. Special premium paint colors, caliper colors, maybe the KEF Premium audio, forged wheels, Convenience Pack, Premium Carpet Mats, and maybe some unique interior features for the First Edition only.

First Edition options: I think the upper/lower blackout will be optional, Drivers Pack optional (which will include the 2-piece brake rotors), Design Pack may be optional depending on what it is (unless it's something specifically for the First Edition, could include badging, etc.), Alcantara interior optional. If the Convenience Pack is just the electronic safety and convenience stuff, (cruise control, lane detection, etc.) that's fine, but if it also includes the 12-way electric seats, then those would be included, otherwise the 12-way seats would be an option. The heated seats may only come with the 12-way option. There's probably going to be more we don't know about yet.

All of this is just ballpark speculation and I'm keeping in mind their mantra "For The Driver", so I don't expect a ton of luxury options like you'd otherwise expect. I know they want to make the car competitive price-wise, so I don't expect absurd prices for options either. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Level: linkedin flex 😂

“The first edition will be only v6sc and will be around $80k”. I think the Lotus folks at the Quail just killed this game.

Like, they literally said that.

I hope they did not just get in trouble with the CEO of Lotus…
I don't think they would get in trouble. What they said matches what was printed on the showcard at Goodwood when converted to U.S. Saying "around" allows for plus or minus $3k which gives them $6k of fudge room, although I think if they could have said below $80k, they probably would have, so I suspect it's somewhere between $80k-$83k; anything higher moves it to mid-80's.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't expect you'll be able to touch a Z06 for less than 6 figures, and it'll take years to get one, I don't really consider it in the same category as the Emira. The Z06 is the next level above.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
All these confirmation numbers going out right now may mean they're getting ready to release the rest of the car specs. Next week maybe? I seem to recall somewhere that somebody thought September 7 was going to be the date?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Imagine if everyone has the pricing backwards and the V6 is 80k and the AMG was 100k. I’d be pretty thrilled
Interesting idea. Would a Mercedes 4 cost more than a Toyota 6? That's an interesting thing to consider. The AMG engine has to come with the DCT, and I have no doubt that trans is more expensive and heavier than the Toyota manual trans, so would the lightest, least-expensive engine/trans combo be the Toyota V6 with manual trans? The thing that stops me on that price-wise is the power difference. I can't see them charging more for an engine/trans combo that has less horsepower than the less expensive combo.

It's an interesting idea though. Would sure be great if that turns out to be the case.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well Matt did say they've only got 5 years left for the V6, so the AMG being the more powerful engine is probably correct. It'll be sad to have no manual trans option for a Lotus when the AMG becomes the only engine available though. Then there's only a few years left for the AMG before Lotus goes all-electric. I'll keep my Emira, but I'm going to be interested to see what they come up with for an executive saloon.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I just hope the $80K start for all launch editions are for heavily/fully optioned cars, then I would be OK spending $80K USD.
That's what I'm guessing; the "around $80k usd" is for the launch spec First Editions. It looks like they will have quite a bit included, and we'll be able to choose paint color, black packs yes/no, caliper color, wheels, Drivers Pack, manual or auto trans, and hopefully leather or Alcantara interior. I want the tan leather. I think the KEF sound system is going to be included, as well as the 12-way adjustable seats and heated seats. I still haven't been able to guess what the Design Pack is, but that may be included too. I hope they release info soon so we can argue and debate over whether or not the world is coming to an end, or who has a brain or no brain when it comes to what colors and options they decide to add. Should be fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.