• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
SO,........I am sure I am going to get a lot of blow back on this post...... but here goes.......

Insider dealer principal confirmed that 4 cylinder will start at $80k and V6 is starting at $90k as was told by Lotus Co rep.

Very trustworthy insider reliable source from the largest dealer worldwide ( Naples)

I think I am out and going to take a pass..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.

with options I would be pushing close to $100.

·
Banned
507 Posts
I have a hunch....(guess)

I was told by my local dealer that the first batch of cars would all be manuals V6.

So I am taking a ( huge) guess that the first edition cars with V6 are going to be priced starting at $90k due to the first edition badging and 1st year paint options. I assume that there will be the early adaptors that must have a EMIRA before anyone else and are expected to pay more to have the first on the block privilege. I assume that the dealer was talking about first edition premium.

My local ( not Naples) dealer also confirmed that the automatics will not available until much later in the first year production.

I expect the the V6 should drop back down to $80k after the Launch cars are done . (???)

But I was clearly told the I4 will start at $80k

·
Banned
507 Posts
I mean really.....I understand that the turbo I4 is apparently an excellent engine, and even Ferrari now sells a V6 in their new model replacing their historically V8 entry models, .......BUT...... I would not get caught dead paying $80K for ANY car with a 4 banger. thats nuts.

I would take the V6 starting at $80, but would not even consider the I4.....even at $70k start.

Thats just me, not passing judgment on other to choose otherwise.

The more I take price into consideration, the more I get pushed toward the C8 Z06.

C8 Z06 will have Heads up display, front parking cameras, front lift, Z06 will have carbon fiber body, with carbon fiber wheel option, and a wrapped leather interior from bottom of the doors al the way up, not just the uppers like EMIRA,.......and a screaming 9000rpm flat plane crank V8 ..... the Z06 does offer more.....at that price point.

·
Banned
507 Posts
I just want to clear up some comments above. The C8 Z06 will not have a carbon fiber body. The full leather interior is a 3LT trim level which is at a very high price the maxed trim level.
incorrect. ALL C7 ( 2014-2019) corvettes had carbon fiber bodies. The C8 base is fiberglass. The C8 Z06 will again return to Carbon Fiber body panels.

Full leather 3LT is $3500 more than the 2LT.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Anyway, I am not guessing on price anymore. I just hope the V6 stripper base model starts around $80USD.

If it starts around $90, I am outtta here. I want a well optioned car, and will pay $90K fully loaded but not $90K for a V6 base.

I think Lotus will announce pricing once they know how many deposits they have after a while. That will let them know the demand, and that will somewhat determine final pricing.

Production starts in April of 2022 apparently I was told, and deliveries in summer 2022 possibly.

So pricing will have to be finalized and release by the end of this year,...... I assume.

I am done guessing. It will be what it will be, and when pricing is announced, that will determine if I am in as a new owner or I walk away.

·
Banned
507 Posts
So in the UK WITH the VAT tax at 60K GBP, that translates to around 72K USD. ( I am using 15% VAT tax rate )

I hope that the USA brochure that stated around $80K US was indicating the "First Editions" that will be more fully equipped.

How great if the car starts at $72k-$73k USD. fingers crossed.

This VAT tax included price of 60k GBP in the UK does not match up with the paper brochure price of $80k USD.

And this is why there are so many questions as to what the real cemented pricing will be.

·
Banned
507 Posts
I was more conservative using 15%..... just in case.

BUT, until the paper brochure showed up online after the USA Goodwood event, I believe all of us were expecting the stripper to start at $72-$73K

The paper brochure threw a wrench into this

·
Banned
507 Posts
So, related to the difference in what was printed as pricing on the UK reveal and compared to the price on the US paper brochure, the only logical conclusion is that the US launch versions will be fully loaded and will all start at $80K.

If so, thats a fine strategy. Most launch cars that are released or new platforms that are relesed, regardless of manufacturer, tend to build their initial cars fully equipped for higher margins and also because first adaptors want them fully loaded.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that this is the case as to why there is difference in pricing from the initial reveal and the USA brochure printed pricing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.