• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
Just an educated guess... $83,000 base + $3k for the forged wheels + $400 for painted calipers + $1k for KEF audio (unless any of these are part of the First Edition package already). Ideally, I really want the car to be under $85k after taxes, but I'd be amazed if that happens after I spec everything out.

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
BASE i4T MSRP $64,895 USD

BASE V6sc MSRP $69,895 USD

FIRST EDITION V6sc MSRP $79,895 USD

+Destination Charge
+Sales Tax varies
This would be incredible and they'd sell to 90% of their deposit holders, but considering the leaked pamplet said "starting ~$80k USD" I really doubt it. First Edition package will likely be $90k+.

Reactions: GDBB

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd say the First Edition Emira has to be at least competitively priced to the 718 Cayman GTS, which starts at $87,400. An Emira over a Cayman GTS or the upcoming C8 Z06 would be a tough sell at that high $80k, low $90k mark. I think It'd be absolutely wonderful if the V6 manual could be priced at the Cayman S, which starts at $72,500.

My prediction is that it falls somewhere between these. Around $78,900 for the V6 manual no options. Around $85k for the First Edition. Not great, not terrible.
Agreed. $85k for a loaded First Edition sounds fair to me. If we start getting into the 90k+ range, I'll have to seriously consider other options and might just sit back and enjoy watching the reviews and future edition leaks (give me a white GT targa!).

If these touch $100k, they won't sell many in the US. Before the used car market went insane, new 718 GT4s were ~$105-110K and pre-owned 981 GT4s (2016s) could be had for $78-85k (current market value is ~$10-20k higher now). If Lotus wants to sell "Cayman amounts" of the Emira, they need to price it in line with the S (base) and GTS (loaded)... realistically, they should be priced even lower since there is minimal Lotus dealer support, barely an aftermarket, no real recent motorsports presence, and slightly lower build quality standards (all compared to Porsche).

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
Will the pricing be announced soon..... next 4 weeks ? is that the word from LOTUS ?
Correct. We've been told "September" to expect more details and pricing.

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
I am going to say that many "never owned a Lotus" buyers like me are enticed by the announced price point of $80kUSD.

My opinion, if the pricing moves up closer to Evora, the value dissolves and people like me are walking away.
I'm right there with you. $90k+ for a first year Lotus coming from a new production factory with minimal US dealer support and not the strongest history of build quality (Toyota engine and trans aside)... yeah, I'm not willing to drop nearly $100k on that risk. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I will wait it out for a couple years, watch reviews, and let the bugs get worked out. For $80k? Sure.. I'll give it a shot. Otherwise I'm getting a 981 GT4 to play with for a couple years.

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
For those of you that haven't seen this it might provide a little insight into the strange world of Lotus.
Well.. that was.. discouraging. Long service times, shrinking leather, fires, ants! :LOL::rolleyes::oops:

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
@Johnnymac GTI gang! 😎

IMO, my GTI is one of the nicest cars in my neighborhood (along with my wife's MK7 GLI). That being said, I can't wait to stay right where I am in my modest, yet safe, and friendly neighborhood and keep my perfect daily driver GTI (which I can continue to tinker with and thrash on here and there) while also having the beautiful Emira for weekend cruises, date nights, car shows, and track days with my car buddies.

Anyway, back on topic of guessing the base price...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Β·
Registered
300 Posts
Didn't someone say that Gator said the launch editions would be six figures? I swore someone posted that...I can't be 100% sure. Between rumors, speculation, and the limited information we actually have, it's hard to keep things straight.

Yes, someone did claim Gator said 6 figures for First Edition. However, I spoke to a couple other deposit holders through Gator who claim that isn't true. Fact is, no dealers know official pricing yet. We'll (forum members/enthusiasts) probably know as soon as (if not before) the dealers know.

That being said.. if FE's end up being $80-85k, Lotus will sell A LOT of Emiras. If they are $100k+, they will fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.