• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Way lower than my expected price but would make my indecision against a C8 Z06 much more decisive. Hope that American rep knew what they were talking about instead of just going off their own interpretation of the sales pamphlet like we did when it got leaked.
I have a deposit in for a c8 z06, but way late on list…if Emira is anywhere near the z06 price I’m dropping my Emira deposit.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Z06 non z07 package car will be in the upper 80 range then with some good options looking at 105 with TTL out the door. It’s going to be insane performance.

Emira gets you a very balanced mid-engine sports car with a manual transmission, both very different cars. If your not on a Z06 list by now you are looking at 2 plus years out. Max out-put of Z06 per year will be around 7k per year demand will exceed that number. Once they add the ZORA and the others versions it will crowd out how many they can truly produce.
So, you are saying take delivery of my emira while I wait for my z06? Smart guy! I think the switch to zora/electric will probably make the z06 more valuable/rare in the end.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am getting both cars number 1 on Z list for years and number 2 on Emira with a manual. Yes because the wait can be a while. Either of these cars will do very well and hold their value because demand will be higher than availability.
I'm like #700 at thompson....but #6 at a local dealership that doesn't really get many "normally". Who knows...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)
My only hope is the I4 AMG starts at a lower entry than 80k.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It would be great for Lotus if that happens. The Emira suddenly becomes a bargain. I think below 90k is a bargain for the v6 supercharged manual Emira. A10+ year old Exige 240/260 are in the 70-80k and a 25+ year old Elise are in the 40s. The sport car market is insane this year. Same goes for the housing market.
Exige/Elise are different experiences and will hold those values, but the Evora....yeah, they going to see a price hit with the Emira coming out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Technically no, the base price jumped to $61k in 2021, and presumably will jump again for a 2022 order. The sub-60k C8 is now the stuff of legend, as I expect the 60kGBP Emira will be.
ha, you seriously just 'technically" that guy over a 1k difference in MSRP because of the year change...Glad to have you as a new member to the lotus community..

·
Registered
494 Posts
The point you missed is that while technically you can buy a base model C8 for $61k in 2021, almost none actually exist. The actual average sales price is $85k as kratedisease mentioned. If someone is going to use a rare exception to prove the rule, the exception should at least be accurate. Glad to be here.
Technically 60.9k + dest..I kid. Yeah, who can stop themselves from adding on those tons of options and bumping the $60.9k price (+25k). Honestly think you would have had a better spread if you were flipping if you did avoid the extra options. I think many are conflating the pricing of "ordering a car" vs. "buying a car new at a stealership". At least for C8s, one option you could have got you MSRP and other option could have got you MSRP++.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
494 Posts
According to some UK forum members who are attending a Emira showing today the difference between FE V6 and FE I4 is 2,000 GBP which seems correct because the I4 will eventually become the only ICE available. Thus the price difference could not be too large.
Might make the V6 FE a better choice in the end..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.