• 100000 to 104999

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
61 - 80 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Wow I am really impressed. Please tell us what have you learned from all these connections on LinkedIn.

ps, this is the first time I’ve ever seen people try to flex with their LinkedIn connections…
Well gee, I'm glad I added to your day. I'm so privileged that you used one of your first 8 posts on me. I don't know how I'll be able to live with myself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd say the First Edition Emira has to be at least competitively priced to the 718 Cayman GTS, which starts at $87,400. An Emira over a Cayman GTS or the upcoming C8 Z06 would be a tough sell at that high $80k, low $90k mark. I think It'd be absolutely wonderful if the V6 manual could be priced at the Cayman S, which starts at $72,500.

My prediction is that it falls somewhere between these. Around $78,900 for the V6 manual no options. Around $85k for the First Edition. Not great, not terrible.
Agreed. $85k for a loaded First Edition sounds fair to me. If we start getting into the 90k+ range, I'll have to seriously consider other options and might just sit back and enjoy watching the reviews and future edition leaks (give me a white GT targa!).

If these touch $100k, they won't sell many in the US. Before the used car market went insane, new 718 GT4s were ~$105-110K and pre-owned 981 GT4s (2016s) could be had for $78-85k (current market value is ~$10-20k higher now). If Lotus wants to sell "Cayman amounts" of the Emira, they need to price it in line with the S (base) and GTS (loaded)... realistically, they should be priced even lower since there is minimal Lotus dealer support, barely an aftermarket, no real recent motorsports presence, and slightly lower build quality standards (all compared to Porsche).

·
Registered
1994 Supra TT 6 speed MKIV
75 Posts
$82,899 for the First Edition V6's. It will come in cheaper then the Evora GT due to the many parts that have been produced for the Evora and will be shared between both platforms.

Reactions: LTLF

·
Registered
24 Posts
Level: linkedin flex 😂

“The first edition will be only v6sc and will be around $80k”. I think the Lotus folks at the Quail just killed this game.

Like, they literally said that.

I hope they did not just get in trouble with the CEO of Lotus…

·
Premium Member
8,406 Posts
Base I4 MSRP $73,995
Base V6 MSRP $79,995
First Edition V6 MSRP $88,995

Plus tax
Plus Destination
Tag/title
I'd add 10K to each of those numbers

Reactions: Smash135

·
Registered
915 Posts

“The first edition will be only v6sc and will be around $80k”. I think the Lotus folks at the Quail just killed this game.

I hope they did not just get in trouble with the CEO of Lotus…
I don't think they would get in trouble. What they said matches what was printed on the showcard at Goodwood when converted to U.S. Saying "around" allows for plus or minus $3k which gives them $6k of fudge room, although I think if they could have said below $80k, they probably would have, so I suspect it's somewhere between $80k-$83k; anything higher moves it to mid-80's.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Way lower than my expected price but would make my indecision against a C8 Z06 much more decisive. Hope that American rep knew what they were talking about instead of just going off their own interpretation of the sales pamphlet like we did when it got leaked.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Way lower than my expected price but would make my indecision against a C8 Z06 much more decisive. Hope that American rep knew what they were talking about instead of just going off their own interpretation of the sales pamphlet like we did when it got leaked.
I have a deposit in for a c8 z06, but way late on list…if Emira is anywhere near the z06 price I’m dropping my Emira deposit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a deposit in for a c8 z06, but way late on list…if Emira is anywhere near the z06 price I’m dropping my Emira deposit.
The lower spoiler on the base Z06 really improves the appearance of the car. Additionally it is reported that the Z06 is getting a new version of the Tremec DCT. These things are making the Z06 very tempting.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Z06 non z07 package car will be in the upper 80 range then with some good options looking at 105 with TTL out the door. It’s going to be insane performance.

Emira gets you a very balanced mid-engine sports car with a manual transmission, both very different cars. If your not on a Z06 list by now you are looking at 2 plus years out. Max out-put of Z06 per year will be around 7k per year demand will exceed that number. Once they add the ZORA and the others versions it will crowd out how many they can truly produce.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Z06 non z07 package car will be in the upper 80 range then with some good options looking at 105 with TTL out the door. It’s going to be insane performance.
The current C8 and upcoming Z06 are both the best performance your dollars can buy. But I just can't bring myself to buy something without a manual and I highly doubt the Z06 will offer the same type of driving experience and enjoyment an Emira offers. But I don't value flat out speed as much as I do being connected to the vehicle.

·
Registered
408 Posts

Emira gets you a very balanced mid-engine sports car with a manual transmission, both very different cars. If your not on a Z06 list by now you are looking at 2 plus years out. Max out-put of Z06 per year will be around 7k per year demand will exceed that number. Once they add the ZORA and the others versions it will crowd out how many they can truly produce.
So, you are saying take delivery of my emira while I wait for my z06? Smart guy! I think the switch to zora/electric will probably make the z06 more valuable/rare in the end.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So, you are saying take delivery of my emira while I wait for my z06? Smart guy! I think the switch to zora/electric will probably make the z06 more valuable/rare in the end.
I am getting both cars number 1 on Z list for years and number 2 on Emira with a manual. Yes because the wait can be a while. Either of these cars will do very well and hold their value because demand will be higher than availability.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I am getting both cars number 1 on Z list for years and number 2 on Emira with a manual. Yes because the wait can be a while. Either of these cars will do very well and hold their value because demand will be higher than availability.
I'm like #700 at thompson....but #6 at a local dealership that doesn't really get many "normally". Who knows...

61 - 80 of 249 Posts