Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
81 - 100 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise -- Ardent Red
46 Posts
Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)
My only hope is the I4 AMG starts at a lower entry than 80k.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
I generally agree with your assessment, but would suggest that true demand is speculation at this point. The current waiting list, being fully refundable deposits, is more like a poll: do you like it enough that you'd think about getting one?

The true demand is when people make commitments with non refundable deposits, and real order sheets. THAT demand is what will determine production numbers; shifts needed at the plant; and all related expenses.

Once the real pricing is shared, the real picture will start to align quickly.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I generally agree with your assessment, but would suggest that true demand is speculation at this point. The current waiting list, being fully refundable deposits, is more like a poll: do you like it enough that you'd think about getting one?

The true demand is when people make commitments with non refundable deposits, and real order sheets. THAT demand is what will determine production numbers; shifts needed at the plant; and all related expenses.

Once the real pricing is shared, the real picture will start to align quickly.
Good points, but with market conditions & car manufacturers moving to EV’s I bet supply wont be able to keep up with demand. The manufacturers that supply parts to car manufacturers are playing catch up, we expect that to continue till early 2023. time will tell.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Will the pricing be announced soon..... next 4 weeks ? is that the word from LOTUS ?
Everything that I have heard and read (dealers, events, etc) state that sometime at the beginning of September more details will be released, the implication is price (at least for the first edition), performance numbers (HP, Torque, 0-60) will be stated more firmly.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Will the pricing be announced soon..... next 4 weeks ? is that the word from LOTUS ?
Correct. We've been told "September" to expect more details and pricing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Couple comments on the Lotus Emira Facebook Group are saying they are delaying the tour till Oct now. Which I'm assuming pricing will be delayed as well.
Well that would kind of suck, but not much we can do about it. I wonder if the delay is because they are still trying to make and test a production ready Emira.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Couple comments on the Lotus Emira Facebook Group are saying they are delaying the tour till Oct now. Which I'm assuming pricing will be delayed as well.
I expected that. Not surprised if it gets pushed again. If you've seen the New Dawn documentary, they were struggling to piece the two Emira's for Goodwood. They are far out from getting their production line ready - and still far out from finalizing production ready Emiras. This likely will mean deliveries will be pushed to late summer/fall of next year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thought the $80k V6 First Edition was already known? I think many are waiting for the AMG I4 pricing.
No, people are projecting what it would cost. The sales hand guide clearly states

Starting price around 80k+ USD

What we know:

1) All launch cars will all be 1st edition V6 SC Manual

With the limited data, we can extrapolate the 1st edition cars won't be less than 80k~ but not higher than 90k before options.

2) For all we know, all Emira CAN start at 80k regardless of engine choice. Lower HP does not necessary mean cheaper car. It's all about the profit margins, if the i4/transmission at factory cost more than the v6, do you think Lotus will sell it less than the v6? Highly unlikely unless they just want to absorb the cost to push more cars out.

·
Registered
458 Posts
SO,........I am sure I am going to get a lot of blow back on this post...... but here goes.......

Insider dealer principal confirmed that 4 cylinder will start at $80k and V6 is starting at $90k as was told by Lotus Co rep.

Very trustworthy insider reliable source from the largest dealer worldwide ( Naples)

I think I am out and going to take a pass..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.

with options I would be pushing close to $100.

·
Registered
285 Posts
SO,........I am sure I am going to get a lot of back blow on this post...... but here goes.......

Insider dealer principal confirmed that 4 cylinder will start at $70k and V6 is starting at $90k as was told by Lotus Co rep.

Very trustworthy insider reliable source from the largest dealer worldwide ( Naples)

I think I am out..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.
LOL, $20k difference between AMG and V6. That would be a huge mistake in pricing. I would be gone as well. I hope they are wrong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
SO,........I am sure I am going to get a lot of back blow on this post...... but here goes.......

Insider dealer principal confirmed that 4 cylinder will start at $70k and V6 is starting at $90k as was told by Lotus Co rep.

I think I am out..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.
All 1st edition cars are V6 with a starting price of 80k+ USD. This is not the first time a dealership is just estimating.

Hard Facts (subject to change)

1) Starting 80k USD
2) All 1st edition cars will be V6

The fact that Naples stated 70k for the I4 is bogus and shouldn't be trusted. I will only believe what I saw and read. 80k starting.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts

I think I am out and going to take a pass..... starting $90 is way high for the V6 that I want.

with options I would be pushing close to $100.
Any ”Lotus Rep,” dealer or HQ, supposedly quoting hard numbers at this point is metaphorically signing his resignation letter.

81 - 100 of 249 Posts