Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105k +

Votes: 2 5.0%
101 - 120 of 249 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
I have a hunch....(guess)

I was told by my local dealer that the first batch of cars would all be manuals V6.

So I am taking a ( huge) guess that the first edition cars with V6 are going to be priced starting at $90k due to the first edition badging and 1st year paint options. I assume that there will be the early adaptors that must have a EMIRA before anyone else and are expected to pay more to have the first on the block privilege. I assume that the dealer was talking about first edition premium.

My local ( not Naples) dealer also confirmed that the automatics will not available until much later in the first year production.

I expect the the V6 should drop back down to $80k after the Launch cars are done . (???)

But I was clearly told the I4 will start at $80k

·
Banned
507 Posts
I mean really.....I understand that the turbo I4 is apparently an excellent engine, and even Ferrari now sells a V6 in their new model replacing their historically V8 entry models, .......BUT...... I would not get caught dead paying $80K for ANY car with a 4 banger. thats nuts.

I would take the V6 starting at $80, but would not even consider the I4.....even at $70k start.

Thats just me, not passing judgment on other to choose otherwise.

The more I take price into consideration, the more I get pushed toward the C8 Z06.

C8 Z06 will have Heads up display, front parking cameras, front lift, Z06 will have carbon fiber body, with carbon fiber wheel option, and a wrapped leather interior from bottom of the doors al the way up, not just the uppers like EMIRA,.......and a screaming 9000rpm flat plane crank V8 ..... the Z06 does offer more.....at that price point.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
I thought the tour was in November? Lotus is announcing pricing in September.
Maybe. Welcome to Lotus. Chapman. GM. Toyota (a piece). Artioli (Bugatti), Proton, Geely.

There is an irresistible sameness to Lotus no matter who owns it.

Reactions: agentdr8

·
Registered
717 Posts
There are people willing to paid the extra 10k for exclusively. The C8 is a much better bargain but I wouldn't get the same excitement. I don't think any one would cross shop a manual Emira with a C8. The DCT Emira at 70K is more inline competition against the C8. In the future, all electric sport cars will beat the ICE sport cars in terms of performance as well as price. If I going to buy another automatic, I just as well buy an electric car.

·
Registered
479 Posts
From the leaked sales pamphlet:

The Porsche 718 Cayman S is the closest rival to the Emira in terms of vehicle performance, dynamic capability, perceived quality, and brand heritage . . . Cayman S with 350 HP whereas Emira is 360-400HP"
Considering Evora GT at $96.95k MSRP was a direct market competitor to 911 at $101.2k MSRP with a $4.25k delta, you could apply that same math on Emira MSRP with Cayman S at $71.9k MSRP being its direct market competitor. Though it would be fairer to compare Cayman S to Emira 2.0T and Cayman GTS at $86.8k MSRP to Emira V6.

Applying a $4.25k delta to both Cayman MSRPs, that could mean:
Emira 2.0T: $67.65k
Emira V6: $82.55k

Adding $1.5k to adjust for inflation from those 2021 MSRPs to 2023 (assuming Cayman's 2023 MSRP > 2021 MSRP):
Emira 2.0T: $69.15k
Emira V6: $84.05k

Mind those are all starting prices. I hear First Edition will come standard w/ package(s) (Driver/Convenience/Design Packs) that are otherwise optional. So add those onto the V6 $84.05k base price if you think an optionless stripper V6 should cost less than the First Edition.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well that would kind of suck, but not much we can do about it. I wonder if the delay is because they are still trying to make and test a production ready Emira.
I mean really.....I understand that the turbo I4 is apparently an excellent engine, and even Ferrari now sells a V6 in their new model replacing their historically V8 entry models, .......BUT...... I would not get caught dead paying $80K for ANY car with a 4 banger. thats nuts.

I would take the V6 starting at $80, but would not even consider the I4.....even at $70k start.

Thats just me, not passing judgment on other to choose otherwise.

The more I take price into consideration, the more I get pushed toward the C8 Z06.

C8 Z06 will have Heads up display, front parking cameras, front lift, Z06 will have carbon fiber body, with carbon fiber wheel option, and a wrapped leather interior from bottom of the doors al the way up, not just the uppers like EMIRA,.......and a screaming 9000rpm flat plane crank V8 ..... the Z06 does offer more.....at that price point.
I just want to clear up some comments above. The C8 Z06 will not have a carbon fiber body. The full leather interior is a 3LT trim level which is at a very high price the maxed trim level.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't expect you'll be able to touch a Z06 for less than 6 figures, and it'll take years to get one, I don't really consider it in the same category as the Emira. The Z06 is the next level above.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dealers are already calling customers that been on the Z06 wait list saying the Z will go for Market Value price. It’s going to be insane C8’s are still going 10 to 20k over MSRP. At this rate many Z06’s will be 30K plus on the open market with the first batch closer to 40 to 50k over. I hate this stuff it makes it tough as flippers and auction people are running up the prices.

Same thing is happening in housing, did you know Zillow buys homes? They are taking their PPP money and buying homes then use the info they gather on a seller based off their Zillow site. This practice is running up pricing, big money institutions are in the game, same with cars, unfortunately the average people loose.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dealers are already calling customers that been in the Z06 wait list saying car will go for Market Value price. It’s going to be insane C8’s are still going 10 to 20k over MSRP. At this rate many Z06’s will be 30K plus on the open market with the first batch closer to 40 to 50k over.
It would be great for Lotus if that happens. The Emira suddenly becomes a bargain. I think below 90k is a bargain for the v6 supercharged manual Emira. A10+ year old Exige 240/260 are in the 70-80k and a 25+ year old Elise are in the 40s. The sport car market is insane this year. Same goes for the housing market.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It would be great for Lotus if that happens. The Emira suddenly becomes a bargain. I think below 90k is a bargain for the v6 supercharged manual Emira. A10+ year old Exige 240/260 are in the 70-80k and a 25+ year old Elise are in the 40s. The sport car market is insane this year. Same goes for the housing market.
Its going to happen, I have purchased over 500k worth of cars from my local dealer since 2015 and the new GM is now playing games As I am number 1 on the Z06 list for 3 years now. I also sent them 10 people on their C8 list with an average purchase of 80k. All have purchased a car with 2 still waiting for deliver. It’s crazy & I will be happy when things settle down and they have product not moving at MSRP.
Same is going on in housing, my builder called and said hey we have a lot for you, I was cool he said well it’s now 120k more than two months ago, I was WTF. He said market adjustment, I said well Lumber is down are you doing a market adjustment he said O No we need that to get back margins. I told my wife F that this is crazy. The I have to have it mentality is why most Americans are broke. This will eventually end as it always happens markets go up and markets go down. I don’t have to have anything that bad & keep emotions in check,I learned that a long time ago and it’s allowed me to build some wealth. :cool:

·
Banned
507 Posts
I just want to clear up some comments above. The C8 Z06 will not have a carbon fiber body. The full leather interior is a 3LT trim level which is at a very high price the maxed trim level.
incorrect. ALL C7 ( 2014-2019) corvettes had carbon fiber bodies. The C8 base is fiberglass. The C8 Z06 will again return to Carbon Fiber body panels.

Full leather 3LT is $3500 more than the 2LT.

·
Administrator
12,072 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Anyway, I am not guessing on price anymore. I just hope the V6 stripper base model starts around $80USD.

If it starts around $90, I am outtta here. I want a well optioned car, and will pay $90K fully loaded but not $90K for a V6 base.

I think Lotus will announce pricing once they know how many deposits they have after a while. That will let them know the demand, and that will somewhat determine final pricing.

Production starts in April of 2022 apparently I was told, and deliveries in summer 2022 possibly.

So pricing will have to be finalized and release by the end of this year,...... I assume.

I am done guessing. It will be what it will be, and when pricing is announced, that will determine if I am in as a new owner or I walk away.

101 - 120 of 249 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.