The Lotus Cars Community banner

Have you had your Evora's wiring harness replaced?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a companion poll to http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/actual-clutch-data-332481/ which tried to establish the frequency of clutch replacements. If you've had a wiring harness issue, please comment on the model year, NA or S, MT or IPS, symptoms, and anything else that might be useful. Let's sort out how big a problem this really is.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I said under eval as we thought the last TCU software issue may have been harness related. It wasn't. Still watching since warranty will expire but no issues at the moment.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
868 Posts
I'm voting for no issue with the wiring harness because I don't believe my issues will be solved by pushing for a replacement. These are the issues I have. Cold start issue, where after sitting a day, car will run very rough or not start at all the first time I try, even after letting fuel pump cycle 2-3 times. Slightly rough shift from 2 to 3 when cold, usually only once and then is fine. Won't engage 4th when downshifting, occurred 4 times in one road trip of 700 miles. Car was up to temp driving highway speed, slowed down to about 45 mph while in non sport and full automatic mode, hit the gas to accelerate back up to speed, tries to downshift to 4, never engages as if in neutral, the engine red lines, released gas pedal, up shifts to 5 and re-engages.

Those are my issues to date that I've brought to my dealer and they've looked into and have said bring the car back if they get worse. The issues are livable, so I'm not overly worried.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
694 Posts
I've experienced a couple of times a hesitations to upshift (on auto) but just for a couple of seconds. Never on manual (paddle shifting) Actually using the paddles is fantastic and very, very responsive and with my Larini exhaust & Larine pipe sounds out of this world. :UK::UK:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Maybe a TCU refresh and shift relearn Shadow. Sounds like what mine was doing. It's great now.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
868 Posts
Maybe a TCU refresh and shift relearn Shadow. Sounds like what mine was doing. It's great now.
That is exactly what I asked for last time I took my car in to LFSC. They told me the software was up to date and that relearning shifts wouldn't correct the issue, so they did nothing. Sigh…

·
694 Posts
2014 Evora S MT. TC light popping up randomly at least once a week, which obviously limited RPM and disabled the TC system. CEL light popping up occasionally which made the engine rough with unstable RPM at iddle. Got in limp mode once upon delivery day. After 5 months of sensor replacement and calibration of all kinds, they changed the wiring harness. Not a single issue since.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder how many of those selecting no issues / no replacement have manual transmissions.
Good question. Just scanning the respondents, it looks like some of both MT and IPS.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2011 S with MT and no wiring harness problems.

Looks like 2011 MT is the car to have. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wiring harness replaced on my car late spring of this year.
2012 MT S. Currently at 34.5k miles. Daily driven.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have 2011 NA manual and no issues with the wiring harness.

BTW...any way to fix the math on the polling results? The 6 that don't have an Evora shouldn't be counted. That means 20 - who haven't had a problem - of the 26 votes that should be counted, is actually 77% (not 62%).

·
Registered
317 Posts
2012 N/A IPS. It was replaced by Lotus West Covina at 26k with notes on the service receipt that the car was in limp mode. I just purchased the car two days ago at 28k and have put 500 miles - so far so good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I have 2011 NA manual and no issues with the wiring harness.

BTW...any way to fix the math on the polling results? The 6 that don't have an Evora shouldn't be counted. That means 20 - who haven't had a problem - of the 26 votes that should be counted, is actually 77% (not 62%).
No way to change it now. The Elige owners have reading comprehension issues, so if you don't give them an option, they check some other box and really mess up the results.

ETA: And it didn't help anyway. The person who checked that he paid for his harness replacement actually has an Elise, per his sig and other posts. Sigh.

The replacements so far were for:

2010 Evora NA MT (harness short due to coolant leak)
2012 Evora NA IPS
2012 Evora S MT
2013 Evora NA IPS
2014 Evora S MT
2014 Evora S MT
2014 Evora S IPS
2014 Evora S IPS

(One person who posted in the thread didn't vote in the poll, and one person who voted has an Elise.)

·
lotuschamp014
414 Posts
wiring

Fuel gauge failure first week of ownership. Corrected itself and
no further issues. New fuel sender was ready for replacement.
Did not install. Wiring harness issue, stated as possibility for future
because of resistance build up. Will consider when issue arises.
'14 S 2500 mi.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts